Current time: 02/05/2024, 14:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(08/12/2013 18:45)VolvoB10M Wrote:  
(08/12/2013 11:39)citario Wrote:  does anyone know when the rest of the citario as getting a refurb.

I have seen 60234 and 60269 in the new livery, 64029 might have been repainted while it has been out of service but it could still be in the old livery since I haven't seen it, I'm not even sure if it's at Bury or Oldham.

thanks for that
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
42944 (WA56OAU) on 348/350 today
69577 seen back in service on the 64.
(08/12/2013 22:28)P528LND Wrote:  [quote='acocker96' pid='48748' dateline='1386449845']
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it but I was standing at Stand J at Oldham and an Enviro400 was on a 415 journey I think it was SN12 AEO I saw what looked like P510 LND broken down at the top of Middleton road so must have been a replacement

I hate to point this flaw out but... the 415 departs from B stand, not J. In fact your eyes may have deceived you as stand J is the 425 stand.

Sorry... :P
No I was stood at Stand J waiting for the 76 that's when the 415 Enviro400 went past going down West Street towards Middleton Road as I was waiting for my bus in the smaller station. As I also said on my previous post it would have been a replacement bus as I saw what I think was P510 LND broken down at the top of Middleton road. The 415 goes down West Street meaning that it passed my stop there was no 425 at the station at the timei.
A Enviro400 (looks like 33692 from the photo) had a bit of an accident on Saturday. According the Oldham Chronicle, a 184 that had arrived from Manchester was parked up at the bus stop opposite the Commercial Hotel when the bus started to move (the driver was reportedly off the bus at the time and trying to run alongside when it moved) before crashing into some bollards near the turning circle.

The bus suffered some damage to lights and panel and a broken windscreen

[Image: 2013129_11470.jpg]

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-f...fundraiser
Be interesting to find out how this happened, as these can't move off without the doors being closed, I did hear of someone when I was out on Sunday that he might have got off the bus forgetting to put the handbrake on although how you can forget to do something like that I don't know
Regarding the takeover of Finglands I have heard recently that an announcement might be made as soon as this weekend of what's actually happening with the company (not sure how true this is though) and also the operation won't actually be part of First Manchester as such but will be a separate operating company to be known as First Rusholme, apparently EYMS was shut of Rusholme as soon as possible with operations transferring to First Rusholme taking place sometime in either January or February
In regards ti the crash; its an enviro, the way I think it could happen is, driver opens door it locks the wheels, forgets to put handbrake on because well the wheels are locked. Gets out and whilst getting out presses the door close button to keep the bus warm, gets off and walks go the wall to lean on, the door close button has a 15s delay. It then closes, 5s later unlocks wheels and starts to roll. Drivers fault if my scenario is true (I made it up going off my experience with enviro400s)

---------

As for finglands, apparently they are becoming a low cost depot like pioneer... so no major pay rise for drivers and apparently! name chsnge etc... is planned to happen practically overnight for new yearz
(10/12/2013 07:57)M60lad Wrote:  Regarding the takeover of Finglands I have heard recently that an announcement might be made as soon as this weekend of what's actually happening with the company (not sure how true this is though) and also the operation won't actually be part of First Manchester as such but will be a separate operating company to be known as First Rusholme, apparently EYMS was shut of Rusholme as soon as possible with operations transferring to First Rusholme taking place sometime in either January or February

Is this in a similar way that the name First Pioneer is used, but still being part of First Greater Manchester? If it is the First Rusholme name that gets used maybe they have plans for making a bigger operation, maybe similar in size to First Pioneer. But I would have thought Pioneer had a far bigger operating radius than Rusholme would ever be able to have.
Official sources said this had been deferred until the new year at least. And then if it still goes ahead, with objections from Arriva and stagecoach. So at the moment it's all rumors and nobody knows nothing except the OFT

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)