Current time: 29/04/2024, 11:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Have some of the Enviros got tinted windows and others normal? could have sworn i saw one on the 8 with tinted windows and the 37 that was following had normal?

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The upstairs windows do tend to be tinted yes
(23/10/2013 22:49)Polo Mint Wrote:  Saw a few B7's on the 17 today.

(23/10/2013 17:17)acocker96 Wrote:  I was travelling on P510 LND on Tuesday because it is the last Crusader Dart left in Oldham Service and it's body plate was marked Nov 96 meaning that particular bus in 17 years old in less than a week, truly great vehicles and will be missed. Amazing that they have been left in service for 17 years has anyone got a reason why it has been that long?

It is certainly very old. Is it an ex-GM Buses vehicle? I know Oldham used to have some ex-GM Darts until the past few years, just wondering if they still had them.

It's possible but I think it was one of the vehicles bought brand new by First directly after the takeover because of the fact the plate is dated after the takeover, it used to have red-chequered moquette on it's seats but most of has been replaced.
(24/10/2013 09:05)acocker96 Wrote:  
(23/10/2013 22:49)Polo Mint Wrote:  Saw a few B7's on the 17 today.

(23/10/2013 17:17)acocker96 Wrote:  I was travelling on P510 LND on Tuesday because it is the last Crusader Dart left in Oldham Service and it's body plate was marked Nov 96 meaning that particular bus in 17 years old in less than a week, truly great vehicles and will be missed. Amazing that they have been left in service for 17 years has anyone got a reason why it has been that long?

It is certainly very old. Is it an ex-GM Buses vehicle? I know Oldham used to have some ex-GM Darts until the past few years, just wondering if they still had them.

It's possible but I think it was one of the vehicles bought brand new by First directly after the takeover because of the fact the plate is dated after the takeover, it used to have red-chequered moquette on it's seats but most of has been replaced.

They were ordered in as Dealer Stock by First when they had first taken over, along with the P3## LND Pointers. The only one still going is 40416, P510LND.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
R reg dart towed awway by pcvspares presumably for breaking. From oldham. Didnt xatch veh. Number
(25/10/2013 12:53)jimbo Wrote:  R reg dart towed awway by pcvspares presumably for breaking. From oldham. Didnt xatch veh. Number

one of from Oldham 40360/65/71/72 or pioneer 40380/84

buses left darts

Oldham

40361/64/69/40416

Pioneer

40406 on loan to Oldham
I wondered whether my first First Streetlite would be a Manchester or a Sheffield example. In the event Sheffield won the day, as I rode 63019 there today. I think the Manchester examples are being held back for the Finglands routes. Talking of which, the Tridents coming from Scotland may prevent loans from EYMS Finglands being necessary in the short-term now.
(26/10/2013 23:25)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I wondered whether my first First Streetlite would be a Manchester or a Sheffield example. In the event Sheffield won the day, as I rode 63019 there today. I think the Manchester examples are being held back for the Finglands routes. Talking of which, the Tridents coming from Scotland may prevent loans from EYMS Finglands being necessary in the short-term now.

Don't forget the 13 plate eclipse 2s for Finglands operations
Just a quick update on the situation on the new Rochdale Bus Interchange is that despite what the new timetables from tomorrow state, the new Rochdale Interchange is running approximately 2 weeks behind schedule so won't be opening tomorrow after all, I've received this information from TfGM Supervisors themselves
First have created a page on their website about their heritage re-paints. It gives a little background about the companies that they've taken the livery from along with the bus fleet number of the 8 buses.

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_.../heritage/

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)