Current time: 29/04/2024, 13:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(03/10/2013 08:24)YSV-205 Wrote:  All seems to have gone quiet on the Finglands take over by First. The original press release on August 1st by First stated Autumn provided clearance had been given by OFT. Has the clearance been given yet? If so does anyone know a date when it's likely to happen?

The OFT have just opened up an investigation into this potential takeover.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/OFTwork/mergers/Me...lVgTzxwbIU
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Does anyone know what's the latest with the Streetlites at Bolton are they stayng or going as far as Manchester is concerned, just with the rate Solos and Darts seem to be failing at Oldham and Pionner they could do with some replacements here instead of the depots having swap vehicles with each other, indeed considering Oldham use their Solos mainly on tendered works why can't the Streetlites replace them instead of sitting round doing nothing.

Only reason why I'm asking really is that I was talking to a driver friend recently who was telling me about the state of some of the Solos at Oldham and it got me thinking afterwards that yes there are replacements in the Streetlites but they are still sat around while management decide what's happening with them
(13/10/2013 17:04)M60lad Wrote:  Does anyone know what's the latest with the Streetlites at Bolton are they stayng or going as far as Manchester is concerned, just with the rate Solos and Darts seem to be failing at Oldham and Pionner they could do with some replacements here instead of the depots having swap vehicles with each other, indeed considering Oldham use their Solos mainly on tendered works why can't the Streetlites replace them instead of sitting round doing nothing.

Only reason why I'm asking really is that I was talking to a driver friend recently who was telling me about the state of some of the Solos at Oldham and it got me thinking afterwards that yes there are replacements in the Streetlites but they are still sat around while management decide what's happening with them

itsnot mcr mgmt team its the uk and regional directors who have held them atm
seems daft just have them in Boltons yard doing nothing when they could be earing their keep where ever
You all always have something bad to say about first straight away without necessary reasoning.

With a company as vast as FirstGroup, they obviously know what they're doing. I think it's better just to wait and see what happens.

The reason the Solos haven't been replaced is because of the service-life First still see in them. The work they do is not really profitable to First, so to be honest I myself don't see the point in investment either.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
If anyone is interested it seems that in the evenings now more so on Friday/Saturday's Geminis are the norm on 135s now, this is due to the fact that the Bendy's were having problems getting round Thomas Street due to inconsiderate parking by taxi drivers, this info from drivers I know at Bury Depot and my own observation from travelling on 135 route Saturday night
Not sure how true this is but I was told earlier this week by one of the Driver Istructors at Bury Depot that the new loaned B7s that are there at the moment are off to First Leeds shortly, also First have decided to have 64029 repaired and probably answers the question as to why it has disappeared from Bury Depot, hopefully it won't be off fleet-strength for too long.
(18/10/2013 21:37)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure how true this is but I was told earlier this week by one of the Driver Istructors at Bury Depot that the new loaned B7s that are there at the moment are off to First Leeds shortly, also First have decided to have 64029 repaired and probably answers the question as to why it has disappeared from Bury Depot, hopefully it won't be off fleet-strength for too long.

so how come they have had Leeds names removed

i can not see 64029 been repaired they started 60265 for repair and then decided it cost to much and dumped it at Bury depot
36280 12 plate B9 got a window bricked last night
(19/10/2013 18:15)jimbo Wrote:  36280 12 plate B9 got a window bricked last night

catch the thugs and give them a good kick up right to the police stn

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)