Current time: 27/04/2024, 21:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
34093 back home now
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/08/2013 06:11)M60lad Wrote:  Sorry for the misinformation regarding 37551, just that I saw it from my bedroom window going down Broadway and I'm pretty sure it was a 3755- one, its just with its new rear advert for Firsts tickets I couldn't get the last number properly

would be 37557
There was also a pic of a First Manchester Streetlite at Heysham Docks last weekend so these should be imminent.
(10/08/2013 21:08)Metroline1511 Wrote:  There was also a pic of a First Manchester Streetlite at Heysham Docks last weekend so these should be imminent.

Two are already parked up at Bolton
33788OM Is now offically allocated to Oldham Depot, and will enter service shortly, most likely on the 180/4 services just a guess though, i imagine it will or could be on anything.

Also Bolton B9 37409 Is at Bury not yet sure if this is a loan or a transfer, although of note, Bury are expecting another 9 B9s, so maybe this is part of the upcoming allocation changes
First Greater Manchester's Bury depot has received Alexander ALX400-Bodied Volvo B7TL's to replace their Volvo Olympians, but Oldham Depot has around 10 Former Centrewest Northern Counties Palatine-bodied Volvo Olympians used on school runs, does anyone know if they are being replaced this summer and if yes what with? and have the Wright Crusader Darts been withdrawn.

P.S. This post refers to the 'T8/9 KLF' batch of Olympians.
I wonder whether the 9 B9s that are coming to Bury will be replacements for the 9 Citaroes that are supposedly going to Oldham Depot, although I'd love to know why Oldham Depot need 9 more Citaroes.

As for 33788 I'm guessing this will be treated like any other decker Oldham Depot and will be used on various services
(11/08/2013 06:47)M60lad Wrote:  I wonder whether the 9 B9s that are coming to Bury will be replacements for the 9 Citaroes that are supposedly going to Oldham Depot, although I'd love to know why Oldham Depot need 9 more Citaroes.

As for 33788 I'm guessing this will be treated like any other decker Oldham Depot and will be used on various services

The Citaro merry go around is annoying Constant speculation is that due to First Manchester wanting the mercs split up from Bury due to its small operating budget and the fact that the citaros are very expensive to keep on the road due to the genuine parts costing a small fortune. That's why OM is getting more, most likely though they will come to Oldham and maybe then withdrawn or be out of use or hardly see any service. Also Oldham's current Citaro's are constantly linked with First West Yorkshire for the above reason they are expensive and splitting them up across the whole First group is a more cost effective idea.

It is all supposedly connected as well with the missing Enviro400s that were always meant for Bolton but ended up in the south west. They arrive in Bolton displacing 9 BN B9s to Bury, Bury looses an additional 9 citaros to even things up. At the moment that's the story that's still I'm favour
(11/08/2013 09:16)37554BY Wrote:  
(11/08/2013 06:47)M60lad Wrote:  I wonder whether the 9 B9s that are coming to Bury will be replacements for the 9 Citaroes that are supposedly going to Oldham Depot, although I'd love to know why Oldham Depot need 9 more Citaroes.

The Citaro merry go around is annoying Constant speculation is that due to First Manchester wanting the mercs split up from Bury due to its small operating budget and the fact that the citaros are very expensive to keep on the road due to the genuine parts costing a small fortune. That's why OM is getting more, most likely though they will come to Oldham and maybe then withdrawn or be out of use or hardly see any service. Also Oldham's current Citaro's are constantly linked with First West Yorkshire for the above reason they are expensive and splitting them up across the whole First group is a more cost effective idea.

It is all supposedly connected as well with the missing Enviro400s that were always meant for Bolton but ended up in the south west. They arrive in Bolton displacing 9 BN B9s to Bury, Bury looses an additional 9 citaros to even things up. At the moment that's the story that's still I'm favour

wonder when all these changes happen the sooner the better
(10/08/2013 21:08)Metroline1511 Wrote:  There was also a pic of a First Manchester Streetlite at Heysham Docks last weekend so these should be imminent.

is there a link to that wonder how many are coming and fleet numbers

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)