Current time: 27/04/2024, 05:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
I'm not too sure where reference has been drawn regarding the profile of the Finglands fleet being predominantly step entrance, this is simply not the case. Finglands at most have 2 step entrance vehicles on their books with the remainder of the fleet being made up of Dennis Tridents and LF Volvo double deckers, with a handful of B10BLE's and some Dart slfs. With the exception of the 2 R plate Olympians the fleet is made up entirely of low floor buses from 13 years of age to 4 which I wouldn't deem particularly old, and likley to have a similar average age profile to First Manchester's existing fleet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/08/2013 10:37)SandyDrew Wrote:  
(01/08/2013 10:27)YSV-205 Wrote:  
(01/08/2013 09:46)jimbo Wrote:  50k seems a very low price... Either finglands are also in a lot of debt or profit by 5k/year..

I agree Jimbo. It's very "cheap". One can pay more than that for an Audi Q7 car !!!!

It mentions not including the fleet, and using the leased depot - so not much by way of assets included. Just the service registrations.

Which these days isn't that much...

19 Altrincham to Sale every 15 mins
41 Manchester to Sale every 10 mins
42 Manchester to East Didsbury every 20 mins
99 Manchester to Sale Hourly (tendered)
Quite a few schools though

Missed any?

Wonder if they would extend 42 To Stockport to go against Stagecoach on the Manchester > Stockport Corridor.Bit of a surprise to see Firstbus Extending & not Cutting back but now Londons gone im guessing most of Firstbuses cash will now go Manchester as its there biggest fleet in UK Now.

If firstbus are wanting to go against Stagecoach Magic Bus i`d suggest theyd use the same Unilink as in Scotland:http://www.flickr.com/photos/41133601@N03/8102928033
Or and extension of the 18 through from it's less than ideal current teminus to Stockport. This would be a further step to the increase of sensible cross city links which were lost with the introduction of Metrolink. One wonders what Stagecoach's reaction to this acquisition will be. Will they see First Wilmslow Road services in the same light as the current Finglands operation or will we see another UK North style bus war where Stagecoach go all out to clear out the competition? Hopefully there will be a happy harmony and some worthwhile cross city links are re-established from this takeover.
While Finglands currently operate a frequent service during the day on 19 from Sale-Altrincham, they currently (not to sure how long for) operate the hourly evening tendered service on 19 that runs the full route Altrincham-Manchester Airport, must say it will be odd to eventually see First buses not only on the route but actually back in service at Manchester Airport
It will be interesting, but why is a company is 1.2bn of debt buying stuff... I can understand they expect it to profit but still
I think I made a reference to Finglands old fleet, it appears as though it is newer than what I thought. I am sure they used to have a lot of Olympians.

That Scottish 'Unilink' livery looks good, but not just Uni students use the services, plenty of commuters and elderly people use service 41.

Route 42 is only every 20 mins vs every 5 mins on Stagecoach or something silly like that. Maybe First could increase it to every 10 mins and time it with route 41 to offer a 5 minute frequency between Didsbury/Fallowfield/Rusholme and Piccadilly. But as said above with the UK North incident First don't want to start messing with Stagecoach.
(03/08/2013 07:18)jimbo Wrote:  It will be interesting, but why is a company is 1.2bn of debt buying stuff... I can understand they expect it to profit but still

First Manchester contributed around £10m of op profit to group last year - £50k expenditure is pocket change compared to such contributions.

Local autonomous First operations starting to show their decisions perhaps??
(02/08/2013 22:31)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  
(01/08/2013 10:37)SandyDrew Wrote:  
(01/08/2013 10:27)YSV-205 Wrote:  I agree Jimbo. It's very "cheap". One can pay more than that for an Audi Q7 car !!!!

It mentions not including the fleet, and using the leased depot - so not much by way of assets included. Just the service registrations.

Which these days isn't that much...

19 Altrincham to Sale every 15 mins
41 Manchester to Sale every 10 mins
42 Manchester to East Didsbury every 20 mins
99 Manchester to Sale Hourly (tendered)
Quite a few schools though

Missed any?

Wonder if they would extend 42 To Stockport to go against Stagecoach on the Manchester > Stockport Corridor.Bit of a surprise to see Firstbus Extending & not Cutting back but now Londons gone im guessing most of Firstbuses cash will now go Manchester as its there biggest fleet in UK Now.

If firstbus are wanting to go against Stagecoach Magic Bus i`d suggest theyd use the same Unilink as in Scotland:http://www.flickr.com/photos/41133601@N03/8102928033

I thought that First Glasgow's fleet had three hundred or so more buses than First Manchester. To be honest I thought Glasgow's fleet was a little bigger than London's
buses 30802/3/4 and 60222 to move to First West Yorkshire and this is info i got tonight in my weekly reports
I've probably asked this before but how do you get hold of Weekly Reports from First Manchester, are they just available to employees of First Manchester?

User(s) browsing this thread: 118 Guest(s)