Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Documents for TfGM's Bus Committee meeting next Friday now on-line and it seems that Metrolink has definitely has had an effect on the 181/182 routes, as the 181's Monday-Saturday daytime journeys will be curtailed to run between Shaw and Manchester from early September, along with withdrawal of X82.

Changes mentioned are:

*24 - Re-routed via St Mary's Road and Nuthurst Road and increased to run half-hourly
*27 - Proposed: Re-routed direct via Cromwell Road instead of Langley Road South and Gerald Road, plus re-routed via Blackfriars Road into Manchester instead of Silk Street, Adelphi Street and Chapel Street to improve reliability.
*31 - Proposed: Re-routing Mon-Sat service via Blackfriars Road instead of Deansgate and Bridge Street on journeys out of Manchester plus re-routing via Broad Street instead of Churchill Way in Pendleton. Sunday service also to be re-routed in line with Mon-Sat service.
*63 - Proposed: To improve reliability, Sunday daytime service will be curtailed to run between Manchester and Eccles only, running hourly instead of every 70 mins and re-numbered 33.
*154 - Proposed: To improve reliability, service to be re-routed via Whitefield, Bury New Road and Manchester Road instead of Unsworth, Hollins, Pilsworth and M66 motorway, which will be mostly covered by service 92.
*181 - Mon-Sat daytime service to be curtailed to run between Shaw Wren's Nest and Manchester only. Shaw-Rochdale still provided by service 58 and 182.
*182 - Additional weekday journey at 1935 from Rochdale to Manchester and 2050 from Manchester to Chadderton
*X82 - Service to be withdrawn, after suffering significant drop in passenger numbers following extension of Metrolink to Rochdale.

http://www.transportforgreatermanchester...us_network
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The extended Met does appear to be affecting bus services, but good to see the 181/182 didn't get a frequency reduction. Good news for route 24 though.
Oldham RR loan Enviro300 67422 sneaked out in service yesterday on a Bolton 22.

37402/6 are two of the six B9s at BN to recieve full rear ads for Firsts tickets.

BN are also down to 5 Scanias left in service as 60067/172/212/217 have moved over to Leeds last weekend. The ones left are 60183/213/214/222/1141.
Any news on the Bury depot rumour?

I imagine First are finding a location out of town at an industrial site or somewhere like that?
(24/07/2013 23:08)Polo Mint Wrote:  Any news on the Bury depot rumour?

I imagine First are finding a location out of town at an industrial site or somewhere like that?

Knowing Bury as i do, having lived in the town for a long time, now. I heard from a driver, about a couple of sights one being a former car showroom. But something doesn't add up, if first do sell the garage to a developer for a fixed price. Im thinking if the sale goes ahead whats first's motives more cost cutting. The rumor started based on Bury council wanting the site for years. But surely building a brand new depot is going to cost way more, than first may or may not get for the sight. Would First fork out for a new depot in Bury, i cant see it at all.

What seems more likely is some form of depot merger either BN Or QS or a combination of the two. But before i get jumped on, im not spreading rumors at all, just my personnel opinion.
(24/07/2013 09:08)WWH44L Wrote:  Oldham RR loan Enviro300 67422 sneaked out in service yesterday on a Bolton 22.

37402/6 are two of the six B9s at BN to recieve full rear ads for Firsts tickets.

BN are also down to 5 Scanias left in service as 60067/172/212/217 have moved over to Leeds last weekend. The ones left are 60183/213/214/222/1141.

37408 also has the add
Heck tbere was a roumer of a rochdale depot... Roumers all over the place, but meh... most likely first will get a warehouse somewhere on lease somewhere so it makes them look like they are clearing some of their debt when in reality they will just be increasing their costs on the long term
The land got bought by sainsburys a while back but now sainsburys wants to build a big supermarket there so have now give first there marching orders from what i got told.
Not sure if its been reported but First Manchester 40437 is now back in service after its incident with the lamppost opposite Shudehill Bus Station, it was on 110s yesterday with a nice new front end.

Also noticed what looked like a nice new shiny Enviro 300 on 68s yesterday afternoon while at Trafford Center, think it was 67424
37462 on loan to pioneer at the moment not sure whats going on they have had 37445/46/57/60 in the past 2 weeks

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)