Current time: 03/05/2024, 21:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(06/05/2013 18:53)ANW 2283 Wrote:  Does anyone know where I can get a First Manchester fleet list newer than Sep 2012!

Thanks in advance...

Unfortunately not at present, however I do plan to devise one myself as soon as the 'alleged' new deliveries start to take shape. I'm not bothering beforehand because any new deliveries would shift everything.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
First Greater Manchester did say they expected 50 new single deckers this year.

'£9m in around 50 brand new single decker buses that will complement the £20m investment in 2012 of 100 new double deckers'

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/greater_...081&conf=0

Judging by the out of service Streetlite that has been swanning around Central Manchester it seems like the claim have a lot of validity.

Queens Rd and Oldham make a lot of sense, any chance Bolton could get some?
There probably will be a case of any of First's depots getting the new single deckers. Queens Road could very well be one depot as a Streetlite has been running around Manchester on familiarisation duties. Oldham depot always seem to get new buses, as B7RLEs, B9TLs and the Enviro 400s all arrived into service in Oldham when they first arrived. Even the Citaros started in Oldham when new.

Chances are that one or two depots will get the new buses (Streetlites, Enviro 300s etc) and then some of the current vehicles will then be relocated to other depots.
(07/05/2013 09:51)SF07 Wrote:  There probably will be a case of any of First's depots getting the new single deckers. Queens Road could very well be one depot as a Streetlite has been running around Manchester on familiarisation duties. Oldham depot always seem to get new buses, as B7RLEs, B9TLs and the Enviro 400s all arrived into service in Oldham when they first arrived. Even the Citaros started in Oldham when new.

Chances are that one or two depots will get the new buses (Streetlites, Enviro 300s etc) and then some of the current vehicles will then be relocated to other depots.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the remaining Darts, B10BLEs, Scania L113/94s and B6BLEs go. This would then leave the Citaros to be considered maybe next year. But that's just my guess.
(07/05/2013 10:32)WWH44L Wrote:  
(07/05/2013 09:51)SF07 Wrote:  There probably will be a case of any of First's depots getting the new single deckers. Queens Road could very well be one depot as a Streetlite has been running around Manchester on familiarisation duties. Oldham depot always seem to get new buses, as B7RLEs, B9TLs and the Enviro 400s all arrived into service in Oldham when they first arrived. Even the Citaros started in Oldham when new.

I wouldn't be surprised if all the remaining Darts, B10BLEs, Scania L113/94s and B6BLEs go. This would then leave the Citaros to be considered maybe next year. But that's just my guess.

They do seem to be the ones that haven't been repainted into the new livery yet (well Manchester's ones anyway). Is this a sign?
Maybe Oldham is the favourite child as the HQ is there?

We will just have to wait and see.

(06/05/2013 18:53)ANW 2283 Wrote:  Does anyone know where I can get a First Manchester fleet list newer than Sep 2012!

Thanks in advance...

Just noticed your post, try here. http://www.freewebs.com/nwbus/fleetlists.htm
Wasn't the Streetlite meant to be going to Pioneer to be tried out on their services currently operated with the remaining Darts?
First Manchester 40437 was involved in an accident outside Shudehill Bus Station yesterday afternoon and ended up hitting a lap post, front end of the bus looked a bit of a mess so not sure if Queens Road will have it repaired or whether it will be another B6 withdrawn from service.
Just some info for anyone planning on using services to/from Trafford Center is that major roadworks are due to start 31 May for around 3 months on Trafford Boulevard from outside the Trafford Center to the M60 roundabout, so expect possible delays to services when these works start, I'm guessing these works are for the new Port Salford Scheme and info on the roadworks are here:

http://www.peel.co.uk/media/Key%20Projec...e_FAQs.pdf
Looks like they've changed the destination displays for the 81A. Now displaying 'Holts Estate via Moston/via Oldham' instead of Oldham with Holts Estate underneath.

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)