Current time: 30/04/2024, 03:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(19/04/2013 12:42)Polo Mint Wrote:  How is the closure of Oldham St. affecting services to Piccadilly? Are buses stopping at alternative locations?

Buses run into Manchester via Great Ancoats Street, Newton Street, Stevenson Square (stopping to drop off any passengers there) before continuing to Oldham Street. Probably adds a couple of minutes to journey times with the stopping at traffic lights and traffic on Newton Street.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Please can anyone identify the bus (double decker) with broken window(s) which had been hit between 20:40-20:45 tonight on the 163.
One of my mates were attacked on that bus by a group of people for no real reason.
This is so I can help my mate report this attack with CCTV evidence
(22/04/2013 22:00)Benzo Wrote:  Please can anyone identify the bus (double decker) with broken window(s) which had been hit between 20:40-20:45 tonight on the 163.
One of my mates were attacked on that bus by a group of people for no real reason.

Wouldn't First help you here if you contacted them?, although if it was reported to the police they would be able to trace details if you give them a rough idea of the time.

Good luck though Benzo and i hope your friend is ok.
Are Oldham short of Enviro400's tonight?
Noted leaving Ashton Bus Station at about 21:35 was one of the ****KLF Olympians on the 409.
(22/04/2013 22:33)Mayneway Wrote:  
(22/04/2013 22:00)Benzo Wrote:  Please can anyone identify the bus (double decker) with broken window(s) which had been hit between 20:40-20:45 tonight on the 163.

Wouldn't First help you here if you contacted them?, although if it was reported to the police they would be able to trace details if you give them a rough idea of the time.

My mate is going to ring First up early tomorrow, first most probably would send this to the Police to observe the trouble. and my mate told me roughly what time it happened.
Thankyou very much indeed, very thoughtful.
(22/04/2013 22:45)Benzo Wrote:  
(22/04/2013 22:33)Mayneway Wrote:  

My mate is going to ring First up early tomorrow, first most probably would send this to the Police to observe the trouble. and my mate told me roughly what time it happened.
Thankyou very much indeed, very thoughtful.

I would suggest contacting First, if these same louts have caused damage to the bus [broken windows] then it might well be that the CCTV is already with the police, if not your friend will need to report the attack to the police giving as much information as possible, the investigating officer will then be able to obtain the CCTV from First and possibly take a statement from the driver.
So the chavs who broke the windows are the same people who attacked your friend?

Best contacting the Police and First's Bury depot.

Where was the attack? Langley?
Does anyone know why so few (generally for all Firstbus companies) Optare Solo midibuses or minibuses haven't been painted into the new livery. In fact have any of Greater Manchester's ones be repianted?
None of the GM solo's have been repainted, I think it might be because they are getting on a bit now.. I mean the only depots (to my knowledge) which have new(ish) optares are Queens (Manchester free buses) and duckinfield (tendered hybrid things) so.. Like the old olympians, I think they can't be arsed investing money into buses they are just running until they die.
(24/04/2013 14:25)YSV-205 Wrote:  Does anyone know why so few (generally for all Firstbus companies) Optare Solo midibuses or minibuses haven't been painted into the new livery. In fact have any of Greater Manchester's ones be repianted?

Almost all of Chelmsford Fleet have been repainted - First Devon & Cornwall hasnt had many buses repainted so no surprise there solos havent been touched,First manchester seem to be focusing more on Singles/Double Deckers & In West Yorkshire,Bradfords W/02/53reg ones seem to drop by 1 every year (by fire) & the newer ones are in Metro Connect livery

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)