Current time: 30/04/2024, 22:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Noticed on the First website that the Save Oldham and Save Manchester pages have been removed. Looks like that the tickets will be withdrawn when the main FirstDay and FirstWeek tickets are reduced on Monday.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
They are still available until 30 April, as mentioned on the fares revision page on their site.
first have used their twitter to tell maytree drivers to contact them if they want work, i think first might have got hold of some tenders with them doing routes like the 561/562 daytime service, one thing tho is the 512/513 service they threw it in last time as they was not happy with the route so i do wonder if they will try to get it again

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/04/2013 05:38)Nicholas Wrote:  They are still available until 30 April, as mentioned on the fares revision page on their site.

Ahh, didn't see that when that was first posted, must have been added later. The weekly ticket will seem a bit redundant though, seeing as the price of the Oldham/M60 weekly tickets will be the same as the full network FirstWeek ticket from Monday.

(05/04/2013 09:27)bolton bus basher Wrote:  first have used their twitter to tell maytree drivers to contact them if they want work, i think first might have got hold of some tenders with them doing routes like the 561/562 daytime service, one thing tho is the 512/513 service they threw it in last time as they was not happy with the route so i do wonder if they will try to get it again

561/562 daytime service is already operated by First. The evening service was operated by Maytree. You would imagine that First will step in with some of the evening services of their daytime services, such as the 507, 561/562 and 571/572. The Monday-Saturday evening 510, 519 and 575 services could be First or Arriva, seeing as both run some of the journeys.

If First have won services such as the 525-7 or 570, then it would make sense to employ the ex-Maytree drivers to run those services, as they'll be familiar with the route.
First have just posted a blog:

Following the collapse of Maytree Travel on Thursday 4 April, Transport for Greater Manchester have awarded contracts for services previously run by Maytree to other operators.

At First, we're pleased to announce that we'll be running these services:

31 Manchester - Swinton - Walkden - Farnworth (Mon-Sat daytime)
95 Salford Shopping Centre - Prestwich - Whitefield (Mon-Sat daytime)
507 Bolton - Harwood (Every evening)
510 Bolton - Withins - Walshaw - Bury (Mon-Sat evening)
519 Bolton - Johnson Fold (Mon-Sat evening)
525/527 Bolton - Astley Bridge (Mon-Sat daytime)
561/562 Bolton - Withins (Every evening)
571/572 Bolton - Great Lever (Every evening)
575 Bolton - Horwich (Mon-Sat evenings)

Timetables will be available in Forthcoming Timetables on Saturday 6 April and then in Current Timetables from Sunday 7 April.

Customers with FirstDay, FirstWeek, FirstMonth and FirstAnnual tickets will be able to use them on the above services.

In addition to the above, from 15 April we'll be running these school services:

Y32 Standish High School
Y38 Smithhills School
Y41 Mount Joseph's High School
Y57 Standish High School
Y62 Cansfield College
Y64 St Edmund Arrowsmith High School
Y70 Standish High School
(03/04/2013 20:23)SF07 Wrote:  Not sure if Tameside drivers are unfamiliar with what route to take through Oldham town centre or if it was a time-saving move but the 343 took a slightly different route into Oldham bus station this evening.

Instead of going from Lees Road to Oldham bus station through Mumps, Union Street and Clegg Street, the driver decided to turn off onto Cross Street then up Shaw Road to Egerton Street before re-joining the normal route on St Mary's Way. Was even more unusual when a passenger actually got on the bus on Egerton Street, even though the last bus was officially an hour earlier on the 410. Would have had a long wait otherwise.

simple answer 343/350 last few night have diverted due to bad access (metrolink barriers and badly parked cars) turning around the current metro works are tight at the best of times so pioneer get one problem like this they auto run that route until confirmed by oldham that it is cleared oldham also do this regulary as well it isnt just tameside drivers!!
(05/04/2013 14:15)jimbo Wrote:  First have just posted a blog:

Following the collapse of Maytree Travel on Thursday 4 April, Transport for Greater Manchester have awarded contracts for services previously run by Maytree to other operators.

Where will the vehicles be coming from for this? Or are there enough in service already to cover them? Especially the school ones. :P
(05/04/2013 17:08)thomasl1231 Wrote:  
(05/04/2013 14:15)jimbo Wrote:  First have just posted a blog:

Where will the vehicles be coming from for this? Or are there enough in service already to cover them? Especially the school ones. :P

They've dug out at least three Scanias at BN from withdrawn stock but I did notice 34219, an Olympian from South Yorks I think parked up outside BN workshops this afternoon. Presume the schools will just be the TfGM yellow ones that were with Maytree.
According to form they may have got some buses back from stagecoach in wigan to run the services as was getting told stagecoach was preparing upto 10 buses which was told may be heading back to first,but please dont quote me on it as it is just a rumour.
No, they were being prepped for our use in case we got contracts. Anyway, First have got plenty of withdrawn buses they can fall back on, given the numbers currently parked up at Cherry Row in Leeds.

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)