Current time: 01/05/2024, 23:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Well the streetlites have been used once I believe, forgotten which route though ): http://oldham100.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/...s.html?m=1
That's a link to see them in Oldham depot, also any news about stagecoach 'apparently' asking for advice on purchasing Oldham, Bolton and Cheetham Hill?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Hmm they are taking over, but Oldham and Queens are the most profitable and Bolton has their training staff... So eould suprise me if they sold up
I smell something that appears to have fallen from a bulls rear end.

Not to mention Oldham Depot being right near the top of the list for profits and growth.

I'm sick of the crap rumours now.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
First wouldnt sell those three depots... Im shocked they sold wigan.... And to Stagecoach... Would be like Virgin selling routes of BA
The only chance I see those depots actually going to Stagecoach is if Stagecoach start to make serious competition in said territories forcing First to back off - in other words, it's less likely than a Northern Counties comeback.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
I don't think these rumours make any sense at all. Why would First invest heavily into Oldham, Bolton and Queens Rd if they were for sale? (Bury recieved some second hand deckers, but still has a highly modern fleet with no darts at all). Not to mention the re-branding efforts.

So far First has sold off depots that have had old fleets, are town/rural networks, had recieved little re-branding, and faces a lot of competition. I can Eastern Scotland, Devon and Cornwall, Somerset, parts of South Wales being flogged off. Of course the badly performing units are worth little value, so it appears that First are selling off the less signifcant parts of a profitable business subsidiary(like Wigan) rather than selling off large chunks of it (such as getting rid of large chunks like Bolton and Bury).
Can members please ensure that any posts relating to rumours of potential sales are placed in the appropriate thread in the off-topic sub-forum to free up this thread for fleet news etc. Thanks.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Bit of variety on the 180/184 today with B9s and an Olympian on the route today along with the Enviros.
when is bury getting any new enviros or new busses? i have been waiting so long, are the mercedes citaros getting the new livery are they going to the scrapyard where they belong or to oldham, what's happening with the old doubledeckers that are not lowfloor, what's happening with the WrightSolar fusion and the other articulated busses ( you know what busses im talking about don't you ) l have been losing my patience over about it .
(09/03/2013 20:03)SF07 Wrote:  Bit of variety on the 180/184 today with B9s and an Olympian on the route today along with the Enviros.

There was also a B9 and one of the KLF Olympians on the 409 yesterday morning as well.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)