Current time: 01/05/2024, 23:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
We've heard of Metrolink tickets being able to be used on First bus, now the tables have turned this evening due to the snow causing traffic problems in Oldham.

From TfGM's Twitter page:
Due to the congestion in #Oldham affecting bus services, people can temporarily use First tickets/passes on Oldham #Metrolink trams

https://twitter.com/OfficialTfGM/status/...0366426112
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Couple of the hybrid double deckers went wandering yesterday. 39214 was on the 67/100 routes, while 39217 was doing Metroshuttle duties on the 2.
A decker on the metrosuttle? Would have been a nice treat.

I saw a Dart on the 18 today. I don't know whether it had an electrical display screen or not as I saw it from behind, have the blinds been updated to have Rusholme put on them yet?
(22/02/2013 13:17)Polo Mint Wrote:  A decker on the metrosuttle? Would have been a nice treat.

I saw a Dart on the 18 today. I don't know whether it had an electrical display screen or not as I saw it from behind, have the blinds been updated to have Rusholme put on them yet?

What bodywork did it have?

I know that one of our crusaders destination boards at the back is on upside down, so it's possible you actually saw an Oldham depot 81 Wink hahaha!

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Just Heard a Wright Streetlite is at Oldham for trails in Tameside,can anyone confirm this?
(22/02/2013 22:09)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Just Heard a Wright Streetlite is at Oldham for trails in Tameside,can anyone confirm this?

Yep. Apparently it will remain at Oldham until beginning of March and will be registered as a 13 plate and will then be tried out at Dukinfield. I was told its one of the longer ones and is possibly being looked at as a replacement for the Darts.

On another note apparently Pionner have regained the evening 231 tender from April. Will be interesting to see what gets allocated to this service. Last time First had it Darts were used but they never seem to have Darts out in the evenings now, its either B9's or Solo's, i would think a Solo is too small so my money's on a B9.
(22/02/2013 22:09)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Just Heard a Wright Streetlite is at Oldham for trails in Tameside,can anyone confirm this?

That would be 47403. Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(22/02/2013 23:34)Mayneway Wrote:  

Yep. Apparently it will remain at Oldham until beginning of March and will be registered as a 13 plate and will then be tried out at Dukinfield. I was told its one of the longer ones and is possibly being looked at as a replacement for the Darts.

On another note apparently Pionner have regained the evening 231 tender from April. Will be interesting to see what gets allocated to this service. Last time First had it Darts were used but they never seem to have Darts out in the evenings now, its either B9's or Solo's, i would think a Solo is too small so my money's on a B9.

yes im also told that we have the 231 but im told it could well be a "green bus" allocation the workings are being looked at it will be that or a 54 plate solo

the streetlite will be tested for workngs on "runarounds" (331/3/346/389( and 38/39`s with 8 or 10 to be ordered if succesful.
duki atm has the best kpi`s in the mcr operations and they are looking to increase it as much as poss which is why upgrades to 348/350 now they are looking at other routes and see what passengers think of them (so ill be nice n busy)
The Streetlites are odd looking machines, but the Darts and Solo's are really showing their age.

Can I ask what you mean by the best kpi's in the operation?
does anyone know if oldham are due any new buses

theres currently a Enviro400 What looks like its carrying a "cared for by oldham" sticker on it http://www.flickr.com/photos/bunny400/85...hotostream (if you view it in 4320 x 3240)

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)