Current time: 30/04/2024, 09:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Cross city services hit first

18 is to be extended to MRI
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/09/2012 09:57)StageStig Wrote:  Cross city services hit first

18 is to be extended to MRI

So, First targeting Manchester uni students after Stagecoach targeted Salford uni students with the 50 service. Can't say I'm surprised First have done this. I think it was just a question of which service would it be. Thought they might have chosen the 8 given that it was mentioned as being extended to MRI in the TIF campaign.

I imagine this will happen at the end of October. Interesting to see what route it'll take to get from Shudehill/Rochdale Road to Oxford Road. Would imagine along Cross Street, Dale Street, Newton Street and Portland Street.
Looks like the Enviros are starting to appear on the 180/184. Saw 33680 out on the 180 about an hour ago, although its side and back displays weren't working.
(14/09/2012 12:27)SF07 Wrote:  Looks like the Enviros are starting to appear on the 180/184. Saw 33680 out on the 180 about an hour ago, although its side and back displays weren't working.

This was one of the three that went over to Leeds.
(14/09/2012 09:53)james Wrote:  
(14/09/2012 04:53)Mayneway Wrote:  
(13/09/2012 16:28)james Wrote:  mic was it a guy in a non standard shirt with a first hi viz if so its the om duty mgr or snr mgmt he been in ashton covering our inspector who on her jollies
yes its where vosa spanked first last january(here and bury and mcr cc and they are due about every 18mths so wouldnt be suprised if they come to a bus station near us

It was yes, oldish chap with glasses halfway down his nose ( like an old fashioned head master Smile), I have spotted him a few times in Ashton during the week but first time I've seen an inspector in Stalybridge.
Interestingly I'm pretty sure there were two VOSA people in Stalybridge on Monday afternoon checking times etc, also noticed them in Ashton at the end of last week.

the old guy and the lady in ashton last week are from an independant survey company working on behalf of tfgm doing surveys of diff things if they were in stb as well then dunno. but there is a first mgr who wears a purlpe (ish) shirt and tie from om covering inspector at ashton bs but he is more proactive and is mobile

The two people your on about in Ashton are working on behalf of TFGM, your right, but they wear hi vis jackets with 'survey' on the back and are quite often just outside Ashton or Stalybridge bus station. The women I saw in Stalybridge earlier this week had a plain hi vis jacket on and was stood well away from the bus station, I enquired a while ago on another forum and was told it was probably someone from VOSA.
(14/09/2012 13:35)WWH44L Wrote:  
(14/09/2012 12:27)SF07 Wrote:  Looks like the Enviros are starting to appear on the 180/184. Saw 33680 out on the 180 about an hour ago, although its side and back displays weren't working.

This was one of the three that went over to Leeds.

yes the other 2 where 33706/50
(14/09/2012 16:07)Mayneway Wrote:  The two people your on about in Ashton are working on behalf of TFGM, your right, but they wear hi vis jackets with 'survey' on the back and are quite often just outside Ashton or Stalybridge bus station. The women I saw in Stalybridge earlier this week had a plain hi vis jacket on and was stood well away from the bus station, I enquired a while ago on another forum and was told it was probably someone from VOSA.

They work for the Greater Manchester Transportation Unit, which is still part of TfGM. They will have been doing punctuality and reliability checks on services leaving the bus stations (I see them regularly sat in camping chairs opposite both exits at Leigh Bus Station!), but can also be found at intermediate timing points - they are regularly to be found at Hindley Bird i'th' Hand and outside Hyde Road depot to name a couple of their favourite haunts!
The enviro,s at wigan have been debranded and are awaiting there 28 day check,s before going to bolton!
(14/09/2012 19:29)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  The enviro,s at wigan have been debranded and are awaiting there 28 day check,s before going to bolton!

How do you know they are Bolton's ? And not for Oldham
has 31948 turned up at Bolton yet not seen it in Tameside for at least 2 days

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)