Current time: 03/05/2024, 18:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Interesting in different allocations going on the 524s today, citaros, B7s, and Just the odd Scania. BY seem to be lacking the pressance of older scanias today, which were the ususal allocation on 524. Just adds to the fact, they are imminently off To Bolton as part of the darts replacement

It will either be some or all from

May not be all, but it may well be now, as I Know were for Wigan, but in light of the news they will probably all end up at Bolton, at some point.

And they need them, went on 40342 today, doesn't sound to good at all today
Quote this message in a reply
69199 Was on the 68 in Farnworth this afternoon, another B7 On loan from Queens Road along with sister bus 69200
Is it me, or do seem to have downgraded the 501 allocation in Bolton, at one time it was a B7 and B9 route 99% per cent of the time, not like that though is it
Also talking of the sale of Wigan Depot, might seem like a daft question, but if it was to go who would get the routes.....
(13/09/2012 23:25)Damien Wrote:  Also talking of the sale of Wigan Depot, might seem like a daft question, but if it was to go who would get the routes.....

If you listen to the rumours the 600 540 and 32 and schools unit is not included in the sale!
They are the money makers so why would go ahead sorry any interested party want wigan depot without its profit making routes/skools unit!
Find all posts by this user
(13/09/2012 23:46)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  
(13/09/2012 23:25)Damien Wrote:  Also talking of the sale of Wigan Depot, might seem like a daft question, but if it was to go who would get the routes.....

If you listen to the rumours the 600 540 and 32 and schools unit is not included in the sale!
They are the money makers so why would go ahead sorry any interested party want wigan depot without its profit making routes/skools unit!

Very true,

And I Wont be listening to the rumors we have been here before with Wigan, my interest is just curiousity. I Will not be taking it seriously unless something actually happened. And if something actually did happen, I imagine the routes would go to BN Or Queens Road, but its just gossip really isn't it for now.
(13/09/2012 16:28)james Wrote:  
(13/09/2012 15:23)Mayneway Wrote:  Completely off the topic of repaints and Plymouth Smile

This morning I noticed a First Inspector in Stalybridge checking times of all First buses against what time they actually passed. On a couple of occasions he looked to have told drivers to wait out time.
First time I've ever seen this, although surprised it's not happened sooner. Wasn't Stalybridge one of the places VOSA found timing issues with First last year when they were pulled up in front of the TC?

mic was it a guy in a non standard shirt with a first hi viz if so its the om duty mgr or snr mgmt he been in ashton covering our inspector who on her jollies
yes its where vosa spanked first last january(here and bury and mcr cc and they are due about every 18mths so wouldnt be suprised if they come to a bus station near us

It was yes, oldish chap with glasses halfway down his nose ( like an old fashioned head master Smile), I have spotted him a few times in Ashton during the week but first time I've seen an inspector in Stalybridge.
Interestingly I'm pretty sure there were two VOSA people in Stalybridge on Monday afternoon checking times etc, also noticed them in Ashton at the end of last week.
well i wonder what the changes will be this weekend my guess more Enviros to Oldham
(13/09/2012 23:24)Damien Wrote:  Is it me, or do seem to have downgraded the 501 allocation in Bolton, at one time it was a B7 and B9 route 99% per cent of the time, not like that though is it

Most routes at Bolton don't have their usual allocation at the moment due to some many buses out/away for repaint. I think things should settle down when all the changes have taken place with new stock coming in / transfers.

Also saw loan 69199 and 66891 the other day and 37375 is another repaint without all the fleetnumbers/ branding.

Most of the Enviros at BN have had their Olympic adverts taken off when I drove past yesterday.

31922 is another Arrow parked up in scrap corner (bottom gates)
(14/09/2012 04:53)Mayneway Wrote:  
(13/09/2012 16:28)james Wrote:  
(13/09/2012 15:23)Mayneway Wrote:  Completely off the topic of repaints and Plymouth Smile

This morning I noticed a First Inspector in Stalybridge checking times of all First buses against what time they actually passed. On a couple of occasions he looked to have told drivers to wait out time.
First time I've ever seen this, although surprised it's not happened sooner. Wasn't Stalybridge one of the places VOSA found timing issues with First last year when they were pulled up in front of the TC?

mic was it a guy in a non standard shirt with a first hi viz if so its the om duty mgr or snr mgmt he been in ashton covering our inspector who on her jollies
yes its where vosa spanked first last january(here and bury and mcr cc and they are due about every 18mths so wouldnt be suprised if they come to a bus station near us

It was yes, oldish chap with glasses halfway down his nose ( like an old fashioned head master Smile), I have spotted him a few times in Ashton during the week but first time I've seen an inspector in Stalybridge.
Interestingly I'm pretty sure there were two VOSA people in Stalybridge on Monday afternoon checking times etc, also noticed them in Ashton at the end of last week.

the old guy and the lady in ashton last week are from an independant survey company working on behalf of tfgm doing surveys of diff things if they were in stb as well then dunno. but there is a first mgr who wears a purlpe (ish) shirt and tie from om covering inspector at ashton bs but he is more proactive and is mobile

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)