Current time: 30/04/2024, 20:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(13/09/2012 11:47)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Been told that all bus transfers to Wigan have ceased due to the depot sale!!!!

that could mean all the oldest buses or more could be cascaded else where
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Completely off the topic of repaints and Plymouth Smile

This morning I noticed a First Inspector in Stalybridge checking times of all First buses against what time they actually passed. On a couple of occasions he looked to have told drivers to wait out time.
First time I've ever seen this, although surprised it's not happened sooner. Wasn't Stalybridge one of the places VOSA found timing issues with First last year when they were pulled up in front of the TC?
(13/09/2012 15:23)Mayneway Wrote:  Completely off the topic of repaints and Plymouth Smile

This morning I noticed a First Inspector in Stalybridge checking times of all First buses against what time they actually passed. On a couple of occasions he looked to have told drivers to wait out time.
First time I've ever seen this, although surprised it's not happened sooner. Wasn't Stalybridge one of the places VOSA found timing issues with First last year when they were pulled up in front of the TC?

well on Tuesday i was on 350 going to Oldham though uppermill the one that was going towards Ashton that should have left at 8.55am was going though 5 mins early i regonised one driver that seems to do this a lot
(13/09/2012 15:23)Mayneway Wrote:  Completely off the topic of repaints and Plymouth Smile

mic was it a guy in a non standard shirt with a first hi viz if so its the om duty mgr or snr mgmt he been in ashton covering our inspector who on her jollies
yes its where vosa spanked first last january(here and bury and mcr cc and they are due about every 18mths so wouldnt be suprised if they come to a bus station near us
(13/09/2012 15:19)mic Wrote:  
(13/09/2012 11:47)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Been told that all bus transfers to Wigan have ceased due to the depot sale!!!!

scrapyard number 2 (duki) get youre new buses lol
(13/09/2012 16:31)james Wrote:  
(13/09/2012 15:19)mic Wrote:  

scrapyard number 2 (duki) get youre new buses lol

do we know which ones ie fleet numbers so i can keep upto my list also emailed you a copy of it
(13/09/2012 15:02)mic Wrote:  lets not fall out on here what was the point of having a near Wigan depot then putting it up for sale

Because they had to move out of Melverley Street due to the council acquiring the site via a compulsory purchase order. The old depot has gone and a new relief road is being built through the site.

Plus a newer depot would be more attractive to prospective buyers!
(12/09/2012 23:00)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  
(12/09/2012 22:35)Damien Wrote:  Decent buses of the week go to

Wigan's 31938 and 37309 Love them two

31938 is a beast! Heart

I've got to agree with you there, I had it yesterday on the 540 with this thrash guy, it performs brilliantly on those hills! Big Grin

Saw a similar thing at Hollinwood for Manchester-bound buses around dinnertime. Might also explain why the driver of a 184 this afternoon kept stopping and waiting at bus stops on Ashton Road and Copster Hill Road even though there were no passengers getting on/off.
(13/09/2012 13:17)james Wrote:  
(13/09/2012 12:47)Damien Wrote:  
(13/09/2012 12:13)james Wrote:  instead of arguing about what is at plymouth and what isn`t why don`t we wait til all paralympic buses have returned to service up here then deduce from that the 7 that are there.
plus have any of you thought they might have needed some possibly tempoarily to cover the relaunch of p/r (plymouth)on sept 2nd if theres wern`t available they`d have borrowed/loaned the nearest new enviros probably some from eton dorney (stationed at reading) til theres came back this week like ours have then any that aren`t theres can be moved to correct locations.
c`mon guys this is first they don`t do rational they do short term fixes.

I wasn't aware I was arguing James LOL

youre not but all i seen on thread is about plymouth buses and if there here or there this is a thread for mcr buses fm interests me not plymouth
not trying to be funny damien just gets a tad annoying because its not even our region

All i said was id seen a list, hardly a big deal, two many other things far more important, to make an issue out of plymouth, going on in my life, and as for plymouth in the big picture. I couldn't care less really James.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)