Current time: 08/05/2024, 20:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(14/07/2019 20:15)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Not sure, my suspicion is these will go to Rusholme, and then from there eventually onward to Leeds, I very much doubt the 14 plate ones will be lent to Diamond.

There may not even be a 'Rusholme' yet.

What an earth would Leeds need with 14 plate Enviro400's when they are taking delivery of a total of 284 new Euro 6 buses? Especially with just over a third have been delivered to date.
https://www.intelligenttransport.com/tra...ses-leeds/

Leeds are already disposing of 12 plate B9TL/Gemini to the poorer First provinces as a result of what has arrived thus far.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Latest about the planned move to Rusholme is a case of watch this space as apparently another location for Vantage has been found and this is listed as the Arriva Depot in Bolton which I actually think is the secure yard across the road from the main depot that Arriva used to use for their School Service and Out of Service vehicles.

If the above is the case then the training school will move to Oldham Depot, not to sure about Current School services though.
(17/07/2019 06:20)M60lad Wrote:  Latest about the planned move to Rusholme is a case of watch this space as apparently another location for Vantage has been found and this is listed as the Arriva Depot in Bolton which I actually think is the secure yard across the road from the main depot that Arriva used to use for their School Service and Out of Service vehicles.

If the above is the case then the training school will move to Oldham Depot, not to sure about Current School services though.

It definitely would make sense, I did see on another forum that several staff had threatened to leave, plus the time table is the wrong way round to operate from Rusholme and it is fixed by TfGM so First couldn't have adjusted it. Plus staffing costs would have risen because of journey times from Leigh/Atherton to Rusholme. As most staff live in Bolton its the most obvious solution and its certainly welcomed no doubt. Presumably all repairs will be done at Oldham? if this is the case.

I cannot see anybody being joyful about driving from Bolton to Rusholme at 0230hrs in the morning to then drive a bus back to Leigh to pick up at 0400hrs. I had heard one report that suggested the school routes had been lost in any case to another operator, not sure what the facts are with that. Presumably the 2 and 38 Evening/Sunday journeys would be operated by the spares used for the V3/V4 as they are only peak time running vehicles. All makes sense.
Anyone know what's happened to First Optare solos. Maybe the loss of 353 and 354 meant that they were no longer necessary.
The land Arriva use in Bolton is currently for let, I'm guessing this is where First are planning on moving Vantage https://www.primelocation.com/to-rent/co...23d20da1fc
Arriva have 2 plots in Bolton virtually facing each other
(17/07/2019 10:47)johnluke Wrote:  Arriva have 2 plots in Bolton virtually facing each other

They're not Arriva's property, the depot is still owned by Roger Jarvis (Blue Bus), Arriva only lease it, suspect the yard opposite may be in the same ownership.
What will be used for the 2/22 & 68 tenders once Rotala take over Bolton
First have submitted cancellations for the 24 to Rochdale and the 38, 39, 331, 333, 389 & 393 in Ashton.
(22/07/2019 18:32)joe_alker Wrote:  First have submitted cancellations for the 24 to Rochdale and the 38, 39, 331, 333, 389 & 393 in Ashton.
Looks like the beginning of the end for Oldham

User(s) browsing this thread: 99 Guest(s)