Current time: 08/05/2024, 04:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Whilst the CMA have their role to perform, there is no way that the DfT would permit a loss of service provision over large parts of the country. Things could be about to get very messy....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Might the other answer be to re-regulate then, and the Government take control of both Arriva and First? although I understand EU law doesn't allow them to bail out failing companies, but maybe yendering rather than de-regulation in a mass scale is the answer.
I think it's worth remembering some of the smaller groups who might want to take on areas. Rotala, Wellglade Group, RATP, Transdev. Also you have Jullian Peddle and his money chest who could buy small bits and help existing companies expand.
(31/05/2019 08:36)EDB325 Wrote:  Whilst the CMA have their role to perform, there is no way that the DfT would permit a loss of service provision over large parts of the country. Things could be about to get very messy....

Why would there be a loss of service provision, both Arriva UK & First UK are profitable businesses, if know one buys them / they can't achieve a satisfactory sale price they will simply be retain or in the case of Arriva re-floated on the stock market. They're not just going to shut-up shop.

There's suggestions that Brian Souter personally may be plotting something with one or the other above, he's just pocketed £160 million from the sale of his stake in ADL.
Latest Fleet Changes

53143 MX54 GZA Withdrawn (Tax Expired 13th May)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(31/05/2019 15:56)Winston Wrote:  There's suggestions that Brian Souter personally may be plotting something with one or the other above, he's just pocketed £160 million from the sale of his stake in ADL.

Plus the £245m from the sale of the American operations. So should have enough for both Arriva & First.
Related to the sales, I heard on another forum that Bolton's sale fell through as if the depot was sold then Vantage would have to be retendered. Does anyone know anything more about this?
(02/06/2019 09:16)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  Related to the sales, I heard on another forum that Bolton's sale fell through as if the depot was sold then Vantage would have to be retendered. Does anyone know acnything more about this?

There was a buyer lined up i heard but it fell through on the 11th hour.
(02/06/2019 09:16)busesdotorg1920x Wrote:  Related to the sales, I heard on another forum that Bolton's sale fell through as if the depot was sold then Vantage would have to be retendered. Does anyone know anything more about this?

I believe that the sale fell through, due to Vantage not being part of the sale.
They should hand it over to tfgm as some kind of caretaker management as it seems it's not good practice for the public whereas a public transport provider is in trouble

User(s) browsing this thread: 31 Guest(s)