Current time: 08/05/2024, 07:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(04/05/2019 16:45)darylyates17 Wrote:  Are Queens getting rid of their B9s since Enviro400s have turned up?

Sort of! It's all unclear but it seems at least some of the one's recently transferred from OM are returning there. Similarly, with 10 Streetlites moving to Queens, B7RLES are going back.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/05/2019 19:17)Brickmill Wrote:  Sort of! It's all unclear but it seems at least some of the one's recently transferred from OM are returning there. Similarly, with 10 Streetlites moving to Queens, B7RLES are going back.

That’s why I’m waiting until Go Ahead take over before I ride anything (apart from the last Free Bus Optares since I’ve only got a couple left)
Seen on a news item that go ahead are running the leigh busways also
(04/05/2019 19:30)johnluke Wrote:  Seen on a news item that go ahead are running the leigh busways also

I thought the Leigh busway services were run from Bolton
They are run from Bolton at the moment but only what I read that the busway is included in the go ahead
(04/05/2019 19:30)johnluke Wrote:  Seen on a news item that go ahead are running the leigh busways also

Do you have a link to this information at all
(04/05/2019 19:17)Brickmill Wrote:  Sort of! It's all unclear but it seems at least some of the one's recently transferred from OM are returning there. Similarly, with 10 Streetlites moving to Queens, B7RLES are going back.

StreetLites 63106-63108, 63111-63118, 63146-63156 are due to move or have moved to Queens Road.
http://www.passengertransport.co.uk/2019...anchester/
(04/05/2019 20:29)johnluke Wrote:  http://www.passengertransport.co.uk/2019...anchester/

I don't believe that to be the case, what is more likely is that Go Ahead operate some journey's on service V3 Ellenbrook - Manchester, that Queens Road currently operate, and it will be these that transfer with Queens Road, not operation on services V1 and V2, which are both to Transfer eventually along with service 582 to a new unit being set up by FirstGroup to operate from a new site in the Wigan Council area eventually or remain at Bolton as there is also strong rumour now that Bolton and Oldham may no longer be being sold at this stage as the price wanted for the depots is rumoured as being too high.

FirstGroup are also negotiating about extending service on service V1 to a business park to be built at Lowton and also extending service V2 from Atherton to Wigan in the course of the next 10 years or so, which will take FirstGroup vehicles back into central Wigan for the first time since 2012, this will come with road improvements between Leigh/Atherton - Hindley and Wigan which are in the early stages and may possibly include some further guided busway operation as the current roadway between Leigh/Atherton-Hindley and Wigan is a narrow bottle neck. (Can take up to an hour to drive between Wigan and Atherton/Leigh in the peaks).
(05/05/2019 01:59)gilesbus1 Wrote:  I don't believe that to be the case, what is more likely is that Go Ahead operate some journey's on service V3 Ellenbrook - Manchester, that Queens Road currently operate, and it will be these that transfer with Queens Road, not operation on services V1 and V2, which are both to Transfer eventually along with service 582 to a new unit being set up by FirstGroup

Can't see TfGM accepting that at all. Either the contract for LGB is with First or it isn't. V3 will have to stay with First or be removed from the Busway with GA or any other Operator

User(s) browsing this thread: 39 Guest(s)