Current time: 08/05/2024, 22:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(19/02/2019 12:56)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Go Ahead have been trying to get into the northwest for a while , as it was them who tried to purchase GTL before stagecoach stepped in with a slightly higher offer.
This could be there first step into the northwest in the hope to expand further with franchising coming closer.

Furthermore, GA were preferred bidder for (then Arriva) Gillmoss in late 2000, but pulled out as they had other fish to fry in the form of taking over from Arriva in Crawley and taking over Connex South Central (which of course became Southern).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/02/2019 17:00)acocker96 Wrote:  Go-Ahead would have done some due diligence before the takeover and probably looked at fleet age and condition, I can see Queens Road getting a load of ex-London vehicles as replacements for the B7RLE’s whose days are now probably sadly numbered.

Hard to say whether many B7RLEs would be replaced by ex-London vehicles. Although they have some 10.8m single-decks they have few full-size single-decks. Mind you, QR should have an influx of newer buses as most buses there are 10-14 years old.
(27/02/2019 23:35)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Have heard now that Go Ahead will take over Manchester on the second week in May not as quick as originally was the case. Also heard now that Rotala have an £80m war chest so maybe in that case Bolton might go to them.

Simply what I can't get with Arriva is why if they don't want franchising they would keep cross boundary routes into places like Wigan or South Manchester yet sell other routes that go there from Bolton or Altrincham. Seems to me something of a strange policy as you either deal with it or you don't half measures, we want some franchising but not other bits simply doesn't make sense as you still have to work with the body you say you can't work with. So something has to give, those routes could go out to tender in any case by TfGM or at least the parts within Greater Manchester.

Also rule out a Transdev takeover for Bolton that's now a none starter from what I understand, the only interested party we know about is Rotala, not sure if anyone else externally is in the running, also heard HCT owners of MCT are not interested in Oldham depot.

Much as I hoped Transdev would take First Bolton, I agree this now seems unlikely. They generally seem to prefer territories to themselves ie Malton, Harrogate, Keighley, Burnley, Blackburn and even Rawtenstall ex-Rosso (although that depot has of course closed). Transdev did not pursue Preston when Stagecoach were instructed to divest. Stagecoach were destined to retain a notable presence there. So, I think Transdev would find Bolton unattractive for having several other operators in the area.
(27/02/2019 23:35)gilesbus1 Wrote:  Have heard now that Go Ahead will take over Manchester on the second week in May not as quick as originally was the case. Also heard now that Rotala have an £80m war chest so maybe in that case Bolton might go to them.

Simply what I can't get with Arriva is why if they don't want franchising they would keep cross boundary routes into places like Wigan or South Manchester yet sell other routes that go there from Bolton or Altrincham. Seems to me something of a strange policy as you either deal with it or you don't half measures, we want some franchising but not other bits simply doesn't make sense as you still have to work with the body you say you can't work with. So something has to give, those routes could go out to tender in any case by TfGM or at least the parts within Greater Manchester.

Also rule out a Transdev takeover for Bolton that's now a none starter from what I understand, the only interested party we know about is Rotala, not sure if anyone else externally is in the running, also heard HCT owners of MCT are not interested in Oldham depot.
I
Missed this reply at the time, but as I understand it, cross boundary services, certainly those that run substantially outside GM will not be subject to franchising, IF it happens.
Just a single fleet change to report this month:

53143 MX54 GZA Oldham - Withdrawn

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(02/03/2019 12:26)Brickmill Wrote:  I
Missed this reply at the time, but as I understand it, cross boundary services, certainly those that run substantially outside GM will not be subject to franchising, IF it happens.

Would it be similar to London though in the respect of service permits?
(02/03/2019 15:54)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just a single fleet change to report this month:

What about the closure of Rusholme as there has been confusion over Paved not adding up and which Enviro400s ending up where. Edit: Paved should read PVR.
(02/03/2019 15:54)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just a single fleet change to report this month:

53143 to I think 145 moved to Doncaster some time ago
(02/03/2019 20:04)Solo40336 Wrote:  53143 to I think 145 moved to Doncaster some time ago

Correct, with 53145 since being withdrawn there. Oldham have 53146/7/8/50 left along with about four other second hand examples (a couple swapped with Doncaster for the above Solos, with the third -53808 - returning east later. Queens have the newer 53065, but I haven't the foggiest what it is used on.
(02/03/2019 21:02)Brickmill Wrote:  Correct, with 53145 since being withdrawn there. Oldham have 53146/7/8/50 left along with about four other second hand examples (a couple swapped with Doncaster for the above Solos, with the third -53808 - returning east later. Queens have the newer 53065, but I haven't the foggiest what it is used on.

Middleton circular/metroshuttle spare?

User(s) browsing this thread: 65 Guest(s)