Current time: 08/05/2024, 14:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(09/08/2012 18:59)Nicholas Wrote:  Now here's a thought... I'm not trying to speculate anything but I've just had a thought on a possible scenario.

With Wigan's Darts, Excels and B10BLEs due for replacement soon, and First wanting to offload the depot, would it be possible for First to transfer some of the newer (e.g. Y reg) B10BLEs and the Citaros over to Wigan, thus offloading the Citaros entirely? I would think deckers would be replaced with older surplus LF DDs from elsewhere within the group, with the B9s being sent to other Manchester depots to help speed up vehicle replacements a little.

Nicholas,

I like your post, can I ask you what you think this is based on the idea of moving the citaros out of Bury? If this ever happened what would you think could replace them at Bury?
Quote this message in a reply
It is merely a thought... It is not based on any rumour, speculation or anything, and I'm not trying to start any rumours. It's merely myself thinking of the current situation and possible scenarios.

Obviously First won't send new buses to Wigan but younger buses would need to be sourced to maintain a fleet of vehicles that are below the 15 year limit for GM tenders. If they are wanting to sell the depot, it would provide an ideal stop-gap measure until a new owner takes over, pushing the need to spend money onto any new owner.

The Citaros would be replaced at Bury by new vehicles or cascades as part of the current fleet renewal programme. It would also assist with vehicle standardisation.
Find all posts by this user
(09/08/2012 19:08)Nicholas Wrote:  It is merely a thought... It is not based on any rumour, speculation or anything, and I'm not trying to start any rumours. It's merely myself thinking of the current situation and possible scenarios.

Obviously First won't send new buses to Wigan but younger buses would need to be sourced to maintain a fleet of vehicles that are below the 15 year limit for GM tenders. If they are wanting to sell the depot, it would provide an ideal stop-gap measure until a new owner takes over, pushing the need to spend money onto any new owner.

The Citaros would be replaced by new vehicles or cascades as part of the current fleet renewal programme. It would also assist with vehicle standardisation.

I see your thought and your not starting any rumors but what you say is all true, Wigans current fleet is the oldest of first Manchester, and in all of what you have said above is logical.
(09/08/2012 19:01)Damien Wrote:  Anyone spotted the first bendi in the new livery on Flickr 12017 looks tops sat in Bury Depot

do you have a link to this photo
Sad RE: First Manchester
I Have Been On 37296 Today Notice No Logo At The Front . 12001 On The 135 Service Was Rattling And it was Overcrouded FirstManchester Best NewLivery Ever
(09/08/2012 19:46)Jake Wrote:  I Have Been On 37296 Today Notice No Logo At The Front . 12001 On The 135 Service Was Rattling And it was Overcrouded

I noticed that as well, not the best repaint of a B9 I have to say 37296 looks half finished. 12001 does rattle a hell of a lot
Glad You Realised Damien Also Your The Best Bus Enthusiast !
(09/08/2012 19:28)mic Wrote:  
(09/08/2012 19:01)Damien Wrote:  Anyone spotted the first bendi in the new livery on Flickr 12017 looks tops sat in Bury Depot

do you have a link to this photo

Here it is mic courtesy of uktransport pics on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/49582039@N0.../contacts/

Paint cover at Bury is 37281/5
Also Manchester Is Spoilt Because They Have The Newest Busses In GreaterManchester
(09/08/2012 19:58)Jake Wrote:  Glad You Realised Damien Also Your The Best Bus Enthusiast !

Thank you for thatWave

User(s) browsing this thread: 36 Guest(s)