Current time: 08/05/2024, 07:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(07/09/2017 17:39)Solo40336 Wrote:  They are at Oldham purely for storage, there's not much room now in Bolton with the bendys parked up. More than likely Gona wind up being parked up until the book value drops to a level where it's reasonable to scrap them, they really aren't worth being put back on the road at this stage.

Thought they would have sent them to storage at Bury since, I believe anyway, bury depot hasn't been sold yet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There is other parts of First Bus that still use Bendies, always possible some might go elsewhere

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/09/2017 17:49)Alexw12 Wrote:  Thought they would have sent them to storage at Bury since, I believe anyway, bury depot hasn't been sold yet

I thought the land had already been sold to Sainsburys or another supermarket chain.
(07/09/2017 17:39)Solo40336 Wrote:  They are at Oldham purely for storage, there's not much room now in Bolton with the bendys parked up. More than likely Gona wind up being parked up until the book value drops to a level where it's reasonable to scrap them, they really aren't worth being put back on the road at this stage.

I don't understand the logic of this concept of storing buses until the book value drops. If book value does not reflect actual market value (probably true as the second hand market for careworn 12-year-old artics is pretty much nil), and there's no realistic prospect of it going up, then surely it's reasonable to scrap them immediately? After all, in the meantime they are taking up space, which has a notional value (i.e. it could in theory be rented out or sold off if it weren't being used to store buses).

Granted, the price of scrap might go up or down during the period of storage, but I wouldn't have thought it was likely to go up sufficiently to make storage worthwhile.
Strong rumours are circulating regarding the First Manchester Operations. Rumours include First Bolton to be sold to Stagecoach and First's Queens Road, Rusholme and Oldham depots to be sold to RAPT Dev. Again these are just rumours.

Also hearing this thursday, First Manchester are to make a big announcement (not confirmed)
(12/09/2017 18:55)Alexw12 Wrote:  Strong rumours are circulating regarding the First Manchester Operations. Rumours include First Bolton to be sold to Stagecoach and First's Queens Road, Rusholme and Oldham depots to be sold to RAPT Dev. Again these are just rumours.

Also hearing this thursday, First Manchester are to make a big announcement (not confirmed)

TBH, I've heard same, apart from that the announcement should have been yesterday. I suggest holding off saying too much until we hear something for sure.
I cant see Stagecoach getting Bolton as if i remember correctly they only just got away with buying Wigan and Bluebird

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
All these rumours have been going around for months, with a "big announcement" supposedly due since July. Last week management pulled the majority of the depot staff in and said there's no truth in it. If thats true or not, who knows.
62236 observed on the 471 this evening, rather surprising to see it!
Sam
(12/09/2017 18:55)Alexw12 Wrote:  Strong rumours are circulating regarding the First Manchester Operations. Rumours include First Bolton to be sold to Stagecoach and First's Queens Road, Rusholme and Oldham depots to be sold to RAPT Dev. Again these are just rumours.

This has helped me realise something digressing from First. Now that RATP run many ex-Transdev operations - mainly Bournemouth and all their former London buses - I wonder whether Transdev could divest their remaining British buses to RATP?

User(s) browsing this thread: 38 Guest(s)