Current time: 01/05/2024, 19:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
507001 & 508136 are the units in charge of this year's Polar Express. They should be working an Aintree - Southport - Aintree and a Rock Ferry - West Kirby - Rock Ferry run this coming Sunday, the final day of operation for 2015.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
507009 (the unit, not me Smile) is another unit to have its name back, in the form of a physical yellow plate like 507016. The other three units in the 'Merseyside Legends' series, 507004/020/021, are yet to receive their plates.
Out of curiosity, did anyone notice how busy the extra late trains out of Liverpool where?
Theres a Class 508 Tour coming up on the 7th Feb, starting and finishing in Hooton

https://www.facebook.com/events/1503518363283101/

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Didn't the last attempt at a tour just happen to happen on one of the coldest mornings that caused ice to form on the third rail and a picture of one of the longest formations ever to run on merseyrail to clear ice from the third rail .
Yup, Sunday 18th January.

No route has been agreed yet as Merseyrail are still speaking to NR over access to certain lines.

More info in the New Year.
Another former name is back, and this one's a surprise: 'Councillor George Howard' plates have been fitted to 507026. This name was formerly carried by 507033, albeit with the abbreviated prefix 'Cllr', and was removed way back in 2008. With 507033 having since received a new name, they've plumped for 507026 this time around.

I wonder if the 'Capital of Culture' plate will make a comeback too? If so, I hope they give it to 508143 as this was the unit present at the original naming ceremony. It never really made sense why they gave the vinyl stick-ons to 508136, plus the latter is another set to have been renamed.

Elsewhere, 507006 is possibly the first in a few weeks to receive the interior refresh; it was formed with 507004 on the Southport line today.
Did anyone else give the trains a try on Boxing Day? I thought Merseyrail handled the occasion well. The guards in particular were very helpful with their announcements before and after stations, apart from just the one on the West Kirby line who was silent. The chap on the 10.19 Central - Kirkby was superb, reading out return and last departure times on the way back to Central.

In terms of passenger loads, things seemingly got off to a slow start with the first few trains running near empty. I saw the first train leave New Brighton and couldn't see a single person on board, followed by second which I travelled on. There were a few on this, but it was still a fairly empty six car set. Loads picked up considerably though on other lines and the Southport and Ormskirk departures around 3-4 pm were close to full. I saw a Hooton train leave Central around the same time which was also well loaded, but the New Brighton and West Kirby lines seemed to struggle. The penultimate Liverpool South Parkway - Southport train was loaded decently from LSP with a fair few heading for a night out and took a good load at Central. Overall it seemed quite successful given that most stations were still closed and I hope they give it another go in 2016.

507005 is the latest unit to receive the interior refresh.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
I used the Southport line a couple of times, I have to admit it amazed me how many people still did not know it was limited stop as the amount of people that wanted to get of at a closed station or people waiting at a closed station was stupid, Guards could not of done anything more as they announced that it was a limited stop Service and called out the stations the Train was calling at after every stop

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Currently no service around the loop, a person has been hit by a train at Lime Street. According to the Echo, it involved the 1730 service from Chester. Not sure on the condition of the person involved. Thoughts with everyone caught up in this.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)