Current time: 04/05/2024, 20:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(11/11/2015 21:52)wirralbus Wrote:  Anyone got an idea what days the service operated in 2014.

Last year the night trains operated on the nights of Saturday 29th November, 6th December, 13th December, Friday 19th December and Saturday 20th December.

Fully agree that the Southport line should have a 15 minute Sunday service year-round. At the very least the Sunday 30 minute trains should be six cars but they regularly aren't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I completely agree that all of the Sunday Southport Line trains should be six car workings - at the moment I think the Sunday service on that line is poor

Let's hope that the upcoming order for new stock sees some extra units ordered to allow for more six car workings during the week - especially in the summer on the Southport Line. I don't think ordering fewer four car trains would be the right way forward - it's more three car units that are needed (perhaps 65-70) in my opinion
Southport services should be 15 minutely in the winter from 0900 till 1900 , maybe thirty minutely before and after that except in special events .

I would like to know how many units Merseytravel are looking at because anything less than the 59 would I think be leading to Merseyrail struggling at times of special events.
(12/11/2015 19:25)wirralbus Wrote:  Southport services should be 15 minutely in the winter from 0900 till 1900 , maybe thirty minutely before and after that except in special events .

I would like to know how many units Merseytravel are looking at because anything less than the 59 would I think be leading to Merseyrail struggling at times of special events.

I do agree with you on the Southport Line services - perhaps 08:00 to 19:00 at every 15 minutes would be more beneficial

I've read a rumour on another website about an order for 52 four car units which I really don't think is a good idea at all. Around 70 three car units would be ideal as that would allow for potential network expansions in the future and also the provision of much needed extra six car services. I don't think going over to driver only operation is a good idea either - I feel more reassured when I know there is a guard on board that I can go to if I have any problems or queries
A step in the right direction with the Sunday Southport services would be to introduce a 15 minute service during the run up to Christmas. Even with the six cars that are normal across the network at this time, they still struggle capacity-wise. The current arrangement in the summer (15 minutes Southport - Liverpool from 10.00 onwards) seems to work well.
Merseyrail now also need to look at what seems to be a regular occurrence now if the 1651 Hunts Cross - Southport is late the 1713 Liverpool Central - Southport gets sent out early in its place .

They need to find the root cause , if necessary turn the inward working of the 1651 at LSP , this can start from P5 as there is a starting signal available to do this .
508117 is another unit with its interior refreshed. They are rifling through them just lately.
507016 has received the interior refresh and its 'Merseyrail - celebrating the first ten years 2003-2013' name is back, this time in the form of steel nameplates.
A 6 car unit is on the Ormskirk line this morning formed of 507002 and 507016. I caught it at Maghull at 06:32 is this the only 6 car on Ormskirks today or is there more?
(05/12/2015 07:18)MX12CFE Wrote:  A 6 car unit is on the Ormskirk line this morning formed of 507002 and 507016. I caught it at Maghull at 06:32 is this the only 6 car on Ormskirks today or is there more?

From what I can remember seeing (weekend off) it's 6 cars today on all the Ormskirks (Aintree races), 9 of the 10 Southport diagrams and 3 of the 6 Chester diagrams.
Then for remaining Saturday's before Christmas all Southport and 3 Chester diagrams are booked as 6's.
6 cars are also booked for all lines on Sunday's in the run up to Christmas and also on Boxing Day.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)