Current time: 02/05/2024, 05:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
I also wonder whether these units will have toilets installed, something which the 507/508's don't have.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Kirkdale would then need a toilet drop facility built then as well , but with most of the Merseyrail stations having toilets built in recent years is there a need for them .

As it stands the longest distance travelled on one train could be Southport to hunts Cross with numerous opportunites for a toilet break in between .
With there being toilets at regular intervals on the Merseyrail network I highly doubt that the new units will have toilets fitted
I would hope that Toilets are installed on these new Trains as i think its a disgrace how you need to hold yourself or get of the Train early, I also dont agree with them getting rid of Conductors, Its always nice to know theres one on board, It creates a level of saftey and should you need them for whatever reason you can go find them without distracting the Driver

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Lets see because not all london commuter trains have toilets , so there is a precedent for not having toilets .
Another item not quite looked at is when the trains arrive it looks highly likely the maintenance staff will transfer to the rolling stock provider from Merseyrail .

The next step is how many units will get ordered , this will show us what sort of onward plan they have for expansion , presently there is 59 units of which there is usually at the most 57 available for use at any one time , subject to maintenance issues or failures on the line .

Also be aware of the issues of Green Lane and Cressington with there platform issues .
The transferring of maintenance staff could pose industrial action threats as they will lose their travel entitlements on the national network as they won't be employed by a TOC...
(04/09/2015 10:25)jtd508110 Wrote:  The transferring of maintenance staff could pose industrial action threats as they will lose their travel entitlements on the national network as they won't be employed by a TOC...

There is a few precedents set now though with Siemens at Ardwick and York to name just one train company. It is more efficient for the train manufacturers to do there own maintenance as it keeps the costs down , this will have the effect though of slimming down the workforce in Merseyrail by the looks of it .
There is presently disruption to an incident under investigation at Liverpool Lime Street .

Chester , Ellesmere Port and West Kirby services are starting from / terminating at James Street .

New Brighton services are starting and terminating at Birkenhead North.
Are any units in for the interior refurbishment programme at the mo? Not heard of any being done for quite a while. Thanks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)