Current time: 28/04/2024, 22:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Most Arriva depots have staff and vehicles spare on a Sunday.

Its weekday work like on the West Kirby line that require a bit more planning , im not sure who has that work yet.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/02/2015 14:36)wirralbus Wrote:  Its weekday work like on the West Kirby line that require a bit more planning , im not sure who has that work yet.

Arriva Smile
I wonder where they found the extra Buses from to do this Weekday work

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Sometimes it will be double and single deckers that have been replaced by something or will replace something once the contract finishes .

I wonder which depots will release staff to do this work .
(23/02/2015 10:13)bolton bus basher Wrote:  I wonder where they found the extra Buses from to do this Weekday work

Perhaps the brand new Enviros parked up in Laird Street? Before they enter service at Bootle.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(23/02/2015 17:13)V671 DVU Wrote:  Perhaps the brand new Enviros parked up in Laird Street? Before they enter service at Bootle.

I forgot about them vehicles there , when are Bootles Enviro's planned to enter service though ?
It won't be Bootle's new Enviro400s as those are due in service from this coming weekend.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(23/02/2015 18:33)wirralbus Wrote:  I forgot about them vehicles there , when are Bootles Enviro's planned to enter service though ?

I remember a similar occurrence in 2006 when some of Speke's Commanders were used as rail replacements around Liverpool City Centre before they entered regular service.
The line between Kirkby and Salford Crescent has been prioritised for electrification. It's definitely a boost for the planned Merseyrail station at Headbolt Lane. I also wonder if in the future Merseyrail will extend to Wigan Wallgate using dual voltage trains. I'm really looking forward to seeing what materialises once the line has been electrified

Other lines prioritised for electrification are Liverpool to Manchester (via Warrington Central) and Southport to Salford Crescent

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/live...on-8782300
If Kirkby - Salford Crescent and Southport - Salford Crescrent do get electrified it will be with OHL and will probably stay with the incumbent operator of that part of the line .

I just cant see Merseyrail wanting to increase there sphere any more than they have at present .

Even the Bidston - Wrexham electrification seems to have fallen by the wayside .

Anything to do with electrification just seems to be slipping time wise backwards at the moment , with the Liverpool - Manchester Airport service of Northern's being many months late.

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)