Current time: 27/04/2024, 23:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Saw 508137 departing West Kirby earlier with its rear headlights on, hopefully this was quickly noticed!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Service gradually been restored from around 1505. (Chester / Ellesmere Port services).

Services now being delayed by adhesion related delays .
N271 CKB, i've seen these mishaps before. Last year saw 507024 leaving Hightown for Hunts Cross at around 6PM with no tail lights on. In july 2009 leaving Hightown for Hunts Cross 507014+508139, 508139 had it's headlights on instead of it's tail lights.
(03/12/2013 15:52)jtd508110 Wrote:  Oh I agree that it is highly unlikely that the 313s will ever come up here, but it still would be ideal.

I don't really see any need to expand the great northern service. When I travel on it, it is very quiet, especially past Finsbury Park towards Moorgate

Why would the 313's come north? If any extra sets were needed the recent scrapping of the 508's at Eastleigh wouldn't have happened.

SD.
(02/12/2013 08:05)wirralbus Wrote:  This year just seems to have been real bad worse than in past years for adhesion related delays .

Not just on Merseyrail. In my experience adhesion problems this year have been worse than the last few.

SD.
I think this year we have a few bouts of really windy weather that has brought a lot of leaves down all at the same time .

The weather that i notice causes the most headaches for pulling away and stopping is that very fine rain that causes an oily film to appear on the running rails , the really heavy rain actually washes away all the leaf fall residue off the rails.

There would be a public outcry if all the trees next to the railway lines had to be pruned or cut down.
313's are dual voltage allowing electrification projects to take place with OHLE systems.

The thing is the new stock was meant to be here by 2014 and its continually being pushed back. Services are reguarly short formed and even am peak services that are scheduled to run as a 3 car service are packed!
What i have noticed on the Southport line now is that if the service 1643 service is a three car , the other half of the unit becomes spare to prevent any further delays out of Southport.
(08/12/2013 09:40)jtd508110 Wrote:  313's are dual voltage allowing electrification projects to take place with OHLE systems.

The thing is the new stock was meant to be here by 2014 and its continually being pushed back. Services are reguarly short formed and even am peak services that are scheduled to run as a 3 car service are packed!

The 313s at Southern lost their panograph when refurbished for use down there.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Wouldn't be much work to put them back though, unless the unit has been completely reworked.

SD.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)