Current time: 04/05/2024, 19:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
FYI Merseyrail employ 3 people in there Customer Relations team.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Compared to Northern Rail and other regional operators, it's not enough!
Merseyrail is a much smaller operation than Northern Rail though!

SD.
They still have a twitter presence that is quite large. Most tweets I see sent do not get a reply.
6 car workings on West Kirby line today. Start of December the reasoning I guess.
The start of December always usually sees an increase in capacity , it is a throwback from the days of the Christmas Cracker.
(01/12/2013 09:07)jtd508110 Wrote:  6 car workings on West Kirby line today. Start of December the reasoning I guess.

Santa dash taking place in Liverpool this morning, think this is why. However all Sundays up to christmas should see all services strengthened to 6 cars IMO.
(01/12/2013 10:46)LVC Wrote:  However all Sundays up to christmas should see all services strengthened to 6 cars IMO.

Services on December Sundays have been strengthened to six cars for a long time now, LVC. As Wirralbus says, it is goes back to the Christmas Cracker £1 return promotion.

Before circa 2008, all routes except New Brighton and Ellesmere Port had pairs but since then a full six car operation has been the norm. The peak time six cars on Thursdays are usually kept on all evening in December as well.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
The service on the chester and Ellesmere port line in the last few days has just become so unreliable .

I do wonder whether a leaf fall timetable on the Chester - Liverpool and Hunts Cross - Southport may have to be implemented sometime in the future , which adds extra time into the timetable .

The delays caused out in the country end of the routes involved are some times increased as they pass through Liverpool as they are out of sync with the timetable , this year there seems to have been big problems both north and south of Liverpool and on the Chester line in and around Capenhurst , Eastham Rake , Bromborough Rake and Spital all regular problem areas .
liverpool to hunts cross is bad due to the track going through gorges and the lots of trees lineside

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)