Current time: 01/05/2024, 23:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(19/10/2013 13:48)jtd508110 Wrote:  Car 64720 (DMS B From former 508129) and car 64710 (DMS B Car from former 508119) have survived the mass scrapping of 508's down at Eastleigh and are going to be used for something. Exactly what I do not know. They are being moved on 5/11

Translator vehicles

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Saw an interesting event unfold yesterday. An elderly woman had her feet up on the seat and I looked at her and she instantly took them down. When a member of Byelaw staff came on the train, they told her to take her feet down to which she replied "no, im an old lady and need to rest my feet." Oh and I forgot to mention that this was on a busy peak time train with seats very hard to come by!

I thought to myself how come she took them down when I looked at her and not when a big intimidating Carlisle security guard told her!?! Maybe questions the effectiveness of their practices when dealing with the elderly?
it sounds to be 1 rule for one another for the eldery u got to be same with everyone
Personally I think you've got to be realistic here. Imagine if the officers had cautioned the elderly person and attempted to remove them from the train. You can guarantee if the media got hold of that there would be a big backlash against Merseyrail and their byelaw enforcement policies. Plus certain self-righteous passengers could have attempted to get involved as well.

I'm all for enforcing the byelaws but discretion has to be used in certain situations such as this...
There is an easy way out of this when the new trains come don't have seats facing each other but have unidirectional seating except in the centre of the coach something similar to the way the class 142's are set up , also there is a high chance you could actually get more seats in a coach then as well.
(02/11/2013 20:58)wirralbus Wrote:  There is an easy way out of this when the new trains come don't have seats facing each other but have unidirectional seating except in the centre of the coach something similar to the way the class 142's are set up , also there is a high chance you could actually get more seats in a coach then as well.

Not sure about the coach lengths of each type but IIRC a two car 142 has 121 seats and a 3 car 507/508 had about 220 so on that basis maybe the current Merseyrail seating arrangement makes better use of space than unidirectional layout
Does anybody know the wirral line RHTT timings?
http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/P9...4/advanced

Could be this?
507023 has been tagged again (on the dmsA car. Doesn't look too severe to be honest
6 Car Ormskirk services at 1610 , 1725 and 1840 from Liverpool to Ormskirk are 3 Car services tonight .

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)