Current time: 27/04/2024, 14:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
The Day Savers have vanished from the 'Popular Desitnations' screen on TVM's. A notice, which can, and probably will, be easily ripped off asks passengers to select Other Destinations and key in northwirralines as destination. Much easier said then done given how unresponsive the screens are. Added to that, there seems to be no way of getting the Area G (valid for travel from Ellesmere Port to Chester) day saver even when tapping in Northwirralines.

Not sure why they have vanished from popular destinations page. Much easier, and very much quicker to select than spending an age to type in even the North part of Northwirralines. There were two people in front of me trying to get day savers and it took nearly 15 minutes. I tried and failed to get area G day saver, taking nearly 5 minutes alone to tap in 'north' and eventually was forced to pay 50p more than planned on an any time day return.

Not sure what the reasoning behind removing the day savers from popular destinations is, but once the notices have been ripped off, faded due to weathering then people wont know how to get the day savers, and the fact that area G is seemingly no longer available means those travelling from unmanned stations are forced to pay more than needed.

Also too note, staff at Hooton & Chester both said they were unable to change the anytime return to a day saver as they were different types of ticket, even though I purchased a ticket that was more expensive and not what I wanted purely for the purpose of being at least able to travel.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(26/07/2013 21:11)507009 Wrote:  
(26/07/2013 21:05)wirralbus Wrote:  With the work going on at the moment there is definitely 3 six cars out normally at the moment and 3 Three cars .

This is what I've been seeing as well, alternating between 3 and 6. Although yesterday evening, they ended up with one of the 6 cars on the Ellesmere Port line once they started running to Liverpool.

I agree with your suggestion re: Southport, Wirralbus. There should be at least one spare unit on the Northern Line following AM peak as they use three 6 cars in the morning on the Ormskirk line but only two in the evening. Ideally this unit should be sent ECS to Southport after AM peak and kept for the 16.43 formation. This might potentially allow the following service, the 16.58, to also be formed as a 6 car if trains run to time as the loadings clearly justify it.

That's not correct 507009, the 6 car not used on the Ormskirk line in the afternoon goes over on the Wirral line to work the evening 6 car West Kirby service
Does anyone know what work they're doing this weekend for the closure?
(11/08/2013 16:29)jtd508110 Wrote:  Does anyone know what work they're doing this weekend for the closure?

Think this is completion of the trackwork and test running
The Liverpool loop reopened on time this morning after being closed for a month.

Liverpool Lime Street Low Level re-opens on the 22nd August after being closed for nearly 4 months for refurbishment .
Are there plans to close and refurbish any of the other underground stations?

The ticket offices at Wallasey Village and Grove Road where both closed this evening with signs saying pay at your destination.
According to their Twitter feed of a month or so back, Moorfields is pencilled in to be refurbished but not immediately. Not sure about Hamilton Square, but Conway Park definitely won't be refurbished.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(12/08/2013 20:23)507009 Wrote:  According to their Twitter feed of a month or so back, Moorfields is pencilled in to be refurbished but not immediately. Not sure about Hamilton Square, but Conway Park definitely won't be refurbished.
I've heard Hamilton square is refurbishment work is starting in October, if not October it will definitely be before the years out. Don't know how well this will go down around the Christmas period but I am sure we will soon see.

That'll certainally make changing between the Wirral line services awkward if Hamilton Square closes!
It wouldnt make it any more akward than it as been over the weekend while the loop as been closed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)