Current time: 29/04/2024, 08:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(12/07/2013 10:06)snowey Wrote:  
(12/07/2013 08:36)jtd508110 Wrote:  Why should Merseyrail provide 6 car trains to something like the Orange Lodge? It irritates me that these people get priority over the average commuter because I bet a lot of these people are travelling without a valid ticket.

Orange Lodge is no different to any other large event held on Merseyside. If Merseyrail know that a large amount of passengers are due to travel then they will try to make as many trains as they can 6 cars. Last weekend they knew it was going to be a hot weekend so they made, or tried to make, all Southport's 6 cars. As for no tickets there was lots of RPI's @ Liverpool Central this morning so I don't think that will be a problem.

No they don't - ever been to Goodison or Anfield. Peoplesbus do their bit - but not a six car formation in sight on Merseyrail.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The lack of RPI's at intermediate stations was an issue I noticed today.
There was a problem with the fact that there was two events on today that would require a RPI presence , Orange Lodge and Chester evening race meeting , so they would be quite stretched .
(12/07/2013 21:18)SNL 824 Wrote:  
(12/07/2013 10:06)snowey Wrote:  
(12/07/2013 08:36)jtd508110 Wrote:  Why should Merseyrail provide 6 car trains to something like the Orange Lodge? It irritates me that these people get priority over the average commuter because I bet a lot of these people are travelling without a valid ticket.

Orange Lodge is no different to any other large event held on Merseyside. If Merseyrail know that a large amount of passengers are due to travel then they will try to make as many trains as they can 6 cars. Last weekend they knew it was going to be a hot weekend so they made, or tried to make, all Southport's 6 cars. As for no tickets there was lots of RPI's @ Liverpool Central this morning so I don't think that will be a problem.

No they don't - ever been to Goodison or Anfield. Peoplesbus do their bit - but not a six car formation in sight on Merseyrail.

Well I was in a meeting the other week and you will be pleased to know that Merseyrail are looking into 6 cars on match days.

Why would I personally care about Liverpool or Everton as I don't support either of em.....lol.

I was on about the big events like Lodge day / Chester races / Southport flower show etc etc.
intresting working on Ormskirk Line today... seen one 6 car and rest was all 3 cars was thinking I wounder why there was 1 six car as no real need for it
(13/07/2013 20:24)E208 WBG Wrote:  intresting working on Ormskirk Line today... seen one 6 car and rest was all 3 cars was thinking I wounder why there was 1 six car as no real need for it

This will prove my point to SNL 824 -

Liverpool were away to Preston in a friendly today so with the 9 day block on the WCML a lot of fans will be travelling to Preston on the Ormskirk line. Merseyrail put a 6 car on the diagram that does the 18.20 x Ormskirk as this was connecting out of the 17.39 from Preston which was seen as the train a lot of Liverpool fans would be returning home on.

Hope this explains everything.
Merseyrail and Arriva really didn't work well in planning for the sheer volume of people today. I rode on Arriva LS Depot 4000 and it was packed. Towards the middle of the day, busses had to reject passengers due to the sheer quantity of people using the "botch job service". Timings were also tight this evening and I saw many people miss New Brighton trains by a matter of seconds and face a 30 min wait. At least the weather was ok Wink

Arriva and Merseyrail need to get their act together with things like this.
It really does depend a lot on the amount of traffic in Liverpool City Centre , we have all seen how long it sometimes takes service buses to get from James Street to lime Street . I do think for some services there should be two buses operating in tandem .
The Southport trains were really struggling to cope with the loads this afternoon despite being 6 cars. The sheer number of day-trippers that were boarding at Sefton Coast stations heading home was remarkable. I had 507007 and 507009 from Formby, Hunts Cross-bound, at around 18.35, only a couple of seats free (no bays) in the rearmost car and loads of people standing. Got even worse at Waterloo when another major load crammed on. A large proportion got off at Sandhills to connect with the Ormskirk/Kirkby trains.

Haven't seen a six car train quite so busy in a long time and this was after most of the Freshfield crowds had left. Great to see people making the most of the beautiful weather.

Noticed a couple of units have been graffitied too. 508126 looked dreadful with one carriage badly hit, 508143 had a few large tags and 508120 had a small amount at one end.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(13/07/2013 22:31)jtd508110 Wrote:  Merseyrail and Arriva really didn't work well in planning for the sheer volume of people today. I rode on Arriva LS Depot 4000 and it was packed. Towards the middle of the day, busses had to reject passengers due to the sheer quantity of people using the "botch job service". Timings were also tight this evening and I saw many people miss New Brighton trains by a matter of seconds and face a 30 min wait. At least the weather was ok Wink

Arriva and Merseyrail need to get their act together with things like this.

when I was at BN this afternoon LS were putting two deckers on for each train to LPL

L

User(s) browsing this thread: tallguy9, 12 Guest(s)