Current time: 06/05/2024, 04:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Thats the one im on as i finish at 02:00 in the morning.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Speke are useing there own buses on it from what im told.
Due to the complexities of the road network in Liverpool rail replacement bus services call at Moorfields , Liverpool James St and St Georges Hall in that order .
The first train to ormskirk was formed of only 3 coaches instead of the usual 6 this morning are there any units out of service? I know some are in for overhaul.
Im led to believe there is units out of service this morning and priority has been given to provision of service of six cars on the Southport service due to Orange Lodge Day .

Its not just services on the Ormskirk line suffering , but the six car diagram on the West Kirby line and one six car diagram on the Chester line are three cars today.
Why should Merseyrail provide 6 car trains to something like the Orange Lodge? It irritates me that these people get priority over the average commuter because I bet a lot of these people are travelling without a valid ticket.
It would end up in a public order problem if you didnt have six cars where possible on the Southport line , you will also find that its a decision taken by Merseyside and British Transport Police , to move as many people as possible in the shortest time frame possible ,
(12/07/2013 08:36)jtd508110 Wrote:  Why should Merseyrail provide 6 car trains to something like the Orange Lodge? It irritates me that these people get priority over the average commuter because I bet a lot of these people are travelling without a valid ticket.

Orange Lodge is no different to any other large event held on Merseyside. If Merseyrail know that a large amount of passengers are due to travel then they will try to make as many trains as they can 6 cars. Last weekend they knew it was going to be a hot weekend so they made, or tried to make, all Southport's 6 cars. As for no tickets there was lots of RPI's @ Liverpool Central this morning so I don't think that will be a problem.
You've also got to factor in the regular passengers on the Southport line, who would otherwise miss their train due to 3 car trains being full. This is the busiest route on the network without the Orange Lodge goers and it's more than busy enough as it is.

It isn't ideal that they have to short-form services elsewhere, though, especially as IIRC last year's Orange Lodge pairs didn't affect other lines. To think 508s are in the process of being scrapped at Eastleigh. Undecided

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
(12/07/2013 10:26)507009 Wrote:  You've also got to factor in the regular passengers on the Southport line, who would otherwise miss their train due to 3 car trains being full. This is the busiest route on the network without the Orange Lodge goers and it's more than busy enough as it is.

It isn't ideal that they have to short-form services elsewhere, though, especially as IIRC last year's Orange Lodge pairs didn't affect other lines. To think 508s are in the process of being scrapped at Eastleigh. Undecided

There are always short formations, as this morning, every year with Orange Lodge.
Merseyrail haven't enough units to make all Southport services 6 cars as well as the normal 6 cars

User(s) browsing this thread: 32 Guest(s)