Current time: 29/04/2024, 17:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
My wife tells me Chesters were six cars today also, but still sardine time late afternoon.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Everything today was six cars to cater for the anticipted demand , the only problem that is seen on a Sunday on the Hooton line is the 15 minute service , so many people have grown accustomed to the enhanced Monday to Saturday service now of 6 trains an hour from Hooton to Liverpool .
Chester services are again six cars today in anticipation of crowds travelling to the Battle of The Atlantic Events , but i think the weather has stuck its oar in today .
Some diagrams on the New Brighton are in the process of being built up to six car diagrams for the anticipate amount of people watching the sail out of the Mersey of the Battle of the atlantic Warships.
I had a very empty 19:09 Wallesey Grove Road - New Brighton on Tuesday, 6 Car but I was only one in my Carriage
(30/05/2013 11:32)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  I had a very empty 19:09 Wallesey Grove Road - New Brighton on Tuesday, 6 Car but I was only one in my Carriage

Think the weather played apart over the last two days of the event to lessen the passenger head count , both Saturday and Sunday though did produce decent amounts of passengers.
I was caught up in disruption today because of a train fault between Moorfields and Sandhills. Does anyone know which unit was involved?
507025 is the culprit
At around 15:50 trouble broke out on the Southport line. The 15:43 to Hunts Cross had failed at Birkdale, 15 mins later it was up and running again until it yet again failed between Ainsdale and Freshfield. The Culprits were 507031 + 507033. I was stranded at Formby and it was quite a strain.
507033 was the good unit in all the disruption , the unit causing all the troubles was 507031.

User(s) browsing this thread: 28 Guest(s)