Current time: 02/05/2024, 21:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
The new car park at Birkenhead North is yet to take off, was less than a 1/4 full today.
Everyone seems to favour parking in the roads around the station, saving the walk over the bridge
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Im led to believe that there will be a raft of new parking restrictions put in around that location in the near future which could push the cars into the car park , one problem with the car park at the moment is there is no direct access to the station , a bit odd .

Im led to believe the car park at Bidston is having the same problem.

I wonder whether it is the perception of the areas the car parks are in .
What's happened to one of the doors at birkenhead depot? It's totally covered in tarpaulin I think...
Heard the northern line went down yesterday due to emergency engineering works at moorfields anyone know what the problem was? Also none of the escalators serving the wirral line at moorfields are working this morning passengers are being advised to use the lift.
Was an insulator pot fire on the down line (towards Sandhills) between Moorfields and Sandhills. The up was used bi-directional for Southport/ Hunts Cross and some Ormskirk services, all Kirkbys turned back at Sandhills during the disruption.
There was a problem with the track just by the Leeds Street tunnel portal , think its was a defect with an insulator pot.

Bi directional working was put in place with kirkby services terminated then put in the reversing siding to await right time departure from sandhills on next work.

Southport trains ran through .

Some Ormskirk services terminated at Sandhills if they presented themselves at Sandhills Jnct late due to pathing issues on the single line .
Services have been subject to delay due to a tree blocking the line at one point between West kirby and Hoylake , large tree branches scattered round the line between Eastham Rake and Hooton.

Services are running again but delayed on those lines.
Its been a bit of a hit and miss day today .

1628 Sp -HX seems to be causing a bit of a problem in the Sandhills area , this is a six car train .
(30/01/2013 14:16)wirralbus Wrote:  Services have been subject to delay due to a tree blocking the line at one point between West kirby and Hoylake , large tree branches scattered round the line between Eastham Rake and Hooton.

Services are running again but delayed on those lines.

Stuck in that one between Eastham Rake and Hooton, happened around 13:15,stuck for about 20 minutes just before Hooton station.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
seems this week so far is terrible for merseyrail. what kind of wagons brought the new esculators in for central last year behind the 66

User(s) browsing this thread: 33 Guest(s)