Current time: 02/05/2024, 03:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(07/11/2012 19:44)507009 Wrote:  Merseyrail did well tonight: a much, much better evening peak on the Northern Line with no short-formings and the vast majority of trains running bang on time. A couple of the pairs ran slightly behind time, but this is to be expected.

There were some slight delays on the northern line around 7pm last night due to a signal fault between sandhills and moorfields my train from maghull to sandhills got held for 10 mins just before sandhills then got hunts cross train which ran 10 mins late.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Delays again today due to ERHC , numerous trains cancelled to Chester and Liverpool on the Hooton line .
Heard all northern line services were suffering from 15 min delays earlier today due to poor rail conditions and a passenger being taken ill on board a train.
This has been a bad week for delays , I do wonder what the PPM figure for the charter performance will look like after this week.
this morning waiting for my usual peek train to liverpool from hightown i noticed that the down southport track sound terrible like it was fish plated which it isnt as 508111 rolled in.

the reason for the fish plated sound was dry hard streaks of sand on the rail head.

i think merseyrail should have little units doing the ellesmere port line like a 153 or 142.
I do know that on the Southport line they have been sending additional units from Sandhills to Southport dropping sand from there sanders at known trouble spots, in addition to the MPV , but it doesnt seem to have helped .

There could be more trouble ahead as there is forecast for more wet and windy weather today .
Had 508111 from sandhills to hunts cross last night it lost power several times traversing the points going into platform 2 at central causing the lights to go out it did it again when leaving central going towards brunswick.
Southport bound services are running late this afternoon , wonder whether this will cause the six car workings to be affected later. ERHC suspected.
There is a possibility some Merseyrail units will be leaving the network to visit a lathe due to large numbers with wheelflats. Paths are being considered.

The entire network is really struggling.
(09/11/2012 19:13)First Class Wrote:  There is a possibility some Merseyrail units will be leaving the network to visit a lathe due to large numbers with wheelflats. Paths are being considered.

The entire network is really struggling.

Sounds like the RHTT season is not going very well this year at all , i wonder who other than Kirkdale would be prepared to help , possibly Allerton .

User(s) browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)