Current time: 08/05/2024, 21:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
There are photos on WNXX of one carriage of 507006 on the M6

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/09/2021 15:16)313201 Wrote:  The derailment of 507002 at kirkdale wasn't the only repair I read about once.

There was an incident with the unit when 1 of the 4 traction motors became detached from the bogie and flung upwards into the floor apparently it was still turning when the incident occured.

When did this incident occur?
I have seen that it will take into next year now for any to enter service. At the risk of trying to look into a crystal ball, I wonder how long it will take for a majority of 777s, even if not all, to enter service.
(18/09/2021 15:45)508134 Wrote:  When did this incident occur?

I think it was back either in the late 80s or early 90s because I remember there was a unit missing but at the time had no idea why and 507002 turned out to be tge missing unit.

Both 002 and 001 have had a few incidents since they were delivered. 002 had the traction motor incident and the derailment at kirkdale and 001 has been derailed at least 2x that I know of, once at Birkenhead Central whdn it was leaving the siding next to the platforms but tge trap point had not been cleared and the other at southport when it was running at slow speed into the stabling tracks where the inspection pits are.
(18/09/2021 15:45)508134 Wrote:  When did this incident occur?

The derailment of 507002 at Kirkdale was around 2009 I think. It ran away and through trap points but still nearly ended up on the “main line” Three coaches were sent for repair, possibly to Kilmarnock.
I don’t recall the traction motor incident, though
(18/09/2021 18:05)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have seen that it will take into next year now for any to enter service. At the risk of trying to look into a crystal ball, I wonder how long it will take for a majority of 777s, even if not all, to enter service.

The number of units entering service largely depends on how quickly the drivers can be trained on them.
That is the unknown factor at the moment as more units have already been built but are stored at Stadlers works, mostly in Poland. The number delivered can increase easily once enough crews have been trained and more 507/508s have been moved off the network
(18/09/2021 05:56)childwallblues Wrote:  There are photos on WNXX of one carriage of 507006 on the M6

Do you have a link for this please?
Had a quick search on the site but can't seem to find any photos.
Some changes to the Wirral Line from this weekend

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...n=sharebar
The last 777s at Warrington have now been moved to Crewe for store
777010 will be on public display at Southport on Saturday 23 October.
The latest 777 news is 014 has completed its fault free running, now it’s the turn of 006 & 012, and after them, 001

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)