Current time: 08/05/2024, 20:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
Hi 507022

Any idea where its gone
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/07/2021 09:01)313201 Wrote:  Hi 507022

Any idea where its gone

Update to my earlier post, it’s still at Kirkdale but no longer on “Merseyrail’s books”.
I’m told it will be leaving shortly.
Pity the middle coach couldn't be included into another unit to give at least 1 unit with 4 coaches
They trialled that a long time ago, and the main issues are the power to weight ratio in keeping time and also getting up from the river bed. It couldn’t be coupled to any other unit in service, either, as the platforms aren’t long enough. There used to be 2 and 3 car class 502s which were workable - the above issues didn’t affect them. It’s probably the reason why the southern 4 car 508s became 3 cars when they migrated north in the 1980s.
(12/07/2021 18:45)313201 Wrote:  Can I ask please how come 507010 has been out of service for so long
507010 has returned to service. I believe it returned last week. I was on 010 today on the Ormskirk/Kirkby line.
(22/05/2021 06:20)ls1911 Wrote:  Theres a 6 car circuit on the West Kirby line in both the morning and evening peaks Monday to Friday.

Has a 6 car unit been running on the West Kirby line over the past few months?
Today, it was announced on Merseyrail twitter it was cancelled due to a unit shortage but was wondering whether the 6 car in the morning and evening peak had been running the past few months?
There is no sign of any paths on RTT showing how the 6 car splits and reforms for the morning and evening peak, respectively.
(19/07/2021 20:49)508134 Wrote:  Has a 6 car unit been running on the West Kirby line over the past few months?
Today, it was announced on Merseyrail twitter it was cancelled due to a unit shortage but was wondering whether the 6 car in the morning and evening peak had been running the past few months?
There is no sign of any paths on RTT showing how the 6 car splits and reforms for the morning and evening peak, respectively.

Yep, comes from North depot as a 6 in the morning.
Splits after the morning peak leaving 3 cars at West Kirby.
A unit couples up the spare 3 to form the evening 6 car (1519 departure).
This then does a few trips before going ecs to kirkdale depot as a 6.
Some class 777 news this week.
Merseytravel are holding a photoshoot at Hooton on Wednesday 0900 - 1630 with 777010 present.
777003 is being moved from Walton Old Sidings to Kirkdale on Wednesday night with 777002 going the opposite direction on Thursday morning
(26/07/2021 11:13)507022 Wrote:  Some class 777 news this week.
Merseytravel are holding a photoshoot at Hooton on Wednesday 0900 - 1630 with 777010 present.
777003 is being moved from Walton Old Sidings to Kirkdale on Wednesday night with 777002 going the opposite direction on Thursday morning

Thank you for the update. Will 777010 be doing some mileage accumulation on the Wirral line as it returns to Kirkdale depot (via Ellesmere Port and Chester) as the path of RTT suggests?
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service...8/detailed

Any news or date yet on when 507006 will be leaving for scrap? Is it going by rail or road?
(26/07/2021 17:27)508134 Wrote:  Thank you for the update. Will 777010 be doing some mileage accumulation on the Wirral line as it returns to Kirkdale depot (via Ellesmere Port and Chester) as the path of RTT suggests?
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service...8/detailed

Any news or date yet on when 507006 will be leaving for scrap? Is it going by rail or road?

777010 has finished its fault free running, the first to do so.
It will be one of the others, 008 or 014, which will do the next fault free running once it’s been tested on the night runs up to 250 miles. Until then, there will be no mixed traffic running during service hours.
I believe 507006 will be leaving sometime in August, probably by road as there would only be couplings for the barrier wagons at one end

User(s) browsing this thread: 20 Guest(s)