Current time: 30/04/2024, 06:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(16/03/2020 02:03)508134 Wrote:  How did it perform, the sliding step with the platform edge?

No problem that I could witness,looked like they put something in the way of the doors as well,possibly a piece of paper and as the doors were closing the doors reopened when they detected there was an obstruction
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/03/2020 16:15)Gordon V Wrote:  Not yet

Was there much damage to this unit-what was the fault which caused the smoke (fire?)?
(16/03/2020 02:11)508134 Wrote:  Was there much damage to this unit-what was the fault which caused the smoke (fire?)?

Not sure on both counts I am afraid
(16/03/2020 02:15)Gordon V Wrote:  Not sure on both counts I am afraid

Just an update,was informed by a reliable source that it was a camshaft fault.Unit should be back in service soon.
(16/03/2020 11:18)Gordon V Wrote:  Just an update,was informed by a reliable source that it was a camshaft fault.Unit should be back in service soon.

Thank you for the updated information. 508125 was only recently overhauled (just before Christmas if I remember correctly).
Out of interest, have you heard anything that overhauls of the current fleet have stopped as of this year?
(17/03/2020 16:23)508134 Wrote:  Thank you for the updated information. 508125 was only recently overhauled (just before Christmas if I remember correctly).
Out of interest, have you heard anything that overhauls of the current fleet have stopped as of this year?

Continuing into next year
I would suspect with the continuing Coronavirus problems that the present units will be in service for a lot longer than would have been envisaged until very recently .
Service update from tomorrow....

https://www.merseyrail.org/
(18/03/2020 17:46)N271CKB Wrote:  Service update from tomorrow....

https://www.merseyrail.org/

yep it don't help me for work. but it gonna get worse once the buses announce there timetables
(18/03/2020 21:37)Harryn9000 Wrote:  yep it don't help me for work. but it gonna get worse once the buses announce there timetables

There probably is a few reasons for the service change , in the event of staff requiring to be self isolated under the Coronavirus this timetable requires less staff to operate it so should be more reliable than the timetable it replaced , all units will be six cars utilising units that would have provided the normal service.

The services that have operated this week have been getting progressively quieter as the week has gone on.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)