Current time: 03/05/2024, 18:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(19/09/2017 13:33)wirralbus Wrote:  Especially considering Merseyrail have yet to run out beyond Hooton on any strike days to date.

Dont forget No service has operated on the South Liverpool line either , so maybe the guards that they are using will need some rudimentary route learning.

Strike timetable now on the Merseyrail website
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Merseyrail are running a 30 minute service on the Chester , Ellesmere Port , New Brighton and West Kirby lines following signalling difficulties over the previous two days .
The Maghull to Liverpool service will continue direct from Liverpool Central to Liverpool South Parkway and vice versa on Strike days.
(28/09/2017 06:39)MX12CFE Wrote:  The Maghull to Liverpool service will continue direct from Liverpool Central to Liverpool South Parkway and vice versa on Strike days.

On Sundays during the closure of Lime St the Ormskirk service is extended back from Liverpool South Parkway and the Kirkby-Liverpool Central service extends to Liverpool South Parkway
(28/09/2017 10:43)Gordon V Wrote:  On Sundays during the closure of Lime St the Ormskirk service is extended back from Liverpool South Parkway and the Kirkby-Liverpool Central service extends to Liverpool South Parkway

Interestingly, this information was available on Realtime Trains weeks before Merseyrail officially announced the timetable changes. A return to the 1980s when most Garston - later Hunts Cross - services ran through to Kirkby rather than Southport.
Work has now started on the new Maghull North Station. Vegitation has been completely cleared on both sides of the track between School Lane and Park Lane bridges and rail replacement bus services will be in operation between Maghull and Ormskirk later this month presumably to allow access to the track to enable construction work to start.
Does anyone know if there is any suitable rolling stock on the Rail Network that Merseyrail could loan to help out over the next few weeks if the Lime Street Upgrade, as the current rolling stock is struggling to cope?

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.
(06/10/2017 09:22)WAITING FOR THE 437 Wrote:  Does anyone know if there is any suitable rolling stock on the Rail Network that Merseyrail could loan to help out over the next few weeks if the Lime Street Upgrade, as the current rolling stock is struggling to cope?

There were ex-Southeastern 508s available at one time but Merseyrail took a look at them and decided they were in such a sorry state that it would cost too much to overhaul them, so they finished up getting scrapped.
(06/10/2017 13:49)knutstransport Wrote:  There were ex-Southeastern 508s available at one time but Merseyrail took a look at them and decided they were in such a sorry state that it would cost too much to overhaul them, so they finished up getting scrapped.

I'm not convinced Merseyrail ever seriously considered taking the ex-Southeastern 508s back. The final six to be withdrawn back in December 2008 weren't in a sorry state. In fact, they were in full working order having only received life-extension work a year or two prior. Southeastern had deliberately retained their six most reliable 508/2s beyond December 2006, so these were the better examples.

Now, the ex-Silverlink 508/3s were offered to Merseyrail and were even hauled to Warrington Arpley in November 2009 ahead of expected transfer, but my understanding is a leasing agreement could not be made between the two parties. The two units sent to Warrington were in serviceable condition and I remember the possibility of using them on the 'Polar Express' staff special that December was mooted.
I think that taking some additional units even if only to used as spares would have been a good idea especially considering even without the additional Lime Street upgrade at the minute, with passenger growth more 6 car units are required for peak time, on the Chesters, Ormskirk / Southport and West Kirby lines

View my flickr http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/104753198@N08/ my flickr account.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)