Current time: 18/05/2024, 11:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
L602 NOS, K130/K131 DAO are already not looking a bit bashed up: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoachuk/29615525745/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/stagecoachuk/29581014396/

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/09/2016 16:02)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Mid Wales Travel have acquired former G.H.A Coaches Gold Alexander Dennis E20D Alexander Dennis Enviro 200,- YX64VRJ.

Wonder if they realise the GHA drivers had difficulty driving them when they used on unlit roads at nights.
I am regularly updating my table on the former GHA fleet dispersal at - LINK -

I have recently updated it with some vehicles that appear to have been agreed with the Administrators as not belonging to the company GHA Coaches and therefore belong to Gareth and Arwyn Lloyd Davies. These vehicles include :-

144XUB - Volvo B12M / Plaxton Paragon - currenlty located in the Ruthin depot
M688KVU - Volvo B10M-62 / Van Hool T8 Alizee - currenlty located in the Ruthin depot
P3GHA - Volvo B10M-62 / Caetano Algarve 11 - currenlty located in the Ruthin depot
T103XDE - Dennis Javelin / Plaxton (still at Ruabon but will be removed soon - never saw service with GHA)
YN08NXK - Volvo B7RLE / Plaxton Centro (still at Ruabon but will be removed soon - RTC damaged)
YX60BZK - Alexander Dennis Enviro 200 Alexander Dennis (At specialst repairares in Gobowen)
SJ53AXG - Transbus Dart SLF / Transbus Pointer - working for RJ's of Wem

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Some of the vehicles show as gone to Bakers are for sale in "Route One" under the Harrington name (without an "s") although the website address is shown correctly with an "s". The buses at least don't seem to be on Harrington's website, which still has quite a lot of the vehicles recovered from Jeff's.
(Harrington's is the company King Long used to take the business back from Island Fortitude.
Don't know how true it is but i was told this morning that GHA had actually tabled a bid to buy out network warrington before they shut shop but was thrown straight back at them and rejected.
Did someone order a Taxi?

PG0007258/4 - MARK ANTHONY COATES T/A WREXHAM TAXIS, THE COPPINS, OLD MOLD ROAD, GWERSYLLT, WREXHAM, LL11 4SB
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Rhos Y Madoc
Finish Point: Wrexham Bus Station
Via: Erbistock, Eyton, Sontley
Service Number: 42F
Service Type: Hail & Ride
Effective Date: 22-SEP-2016
Other Details: Thursdays only excluding public holidays

PG0007258/5 - MARK ANTHONY COATES T/A WREXHAM TAXIS, THE COPPINS, OLD MOLD ROAD, GWERSYLLT, WREXHAM, LL11 4SB
Starting Point: Bettisfield
Via: Hanmer, Horsmans Green, Worthenbury, Ridley Wood
Service Number: 45F
Effective Date: 19-SEP-2016
Other Details: Monday excluding public holidays

PG0007258/6 - MARK ANTHONY COATES T/A WREXHAM TAXIS, THE COPPINS, OLD MOLD ROAD, GWERSYLLT, WREXHAM, LL11 4SB
Starting Point: New Brighton
Via: Aberoer, Legacy, Llwyneinon
Service Number: 47F
Effective Date: 20-SEP-2016
Other Details: Tuesdays only excludes public holidays

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15/09/2016 18:41)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Don't know how true it is but i was told this morning that GHA had actually tabled a bid to buy out network warrington before they shut shop but was thrown straight back at them and rejected.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's true. GHA seemed to be copying tactics which Stagecoach used in the past with it being a common Stagecoach tactic that you sell your business to us or we'll steal your passengers.
(16/09/2016 15:36)knutstransport Wrote:  Wouldn't be surprised if it's true. GHA seemed to be copying tactics which Stagecoach used in the past with it being a common Stagecoach tactic that you sell your business to us or we'll steal your passengers.

I carnt see it.
Warrington council would want top dollar for the business IF they were considering selling, I would imagine it would be a big company such as Stagecoach.
GHA didn't really try hard at all in Warrington it came accross as more of a dabble, they didn't really try hard at all.
(16/09/2016 22:27)Mayneway Wrote:  I carnt see it.
Warrington council would want top dollar for the business IF they were considering selling, I would imagine it would be a big company such as Stagecoach.
GHA didn't really try hard at all in Warrington it came accross as more of a dabble, they didn't really try hard at all.

I think GHA wrongly thought as Network Warrington were a council owned business they would be vulnerable in the current environment and didn't expect them to continue running hourly services between Northwich and Warrington if there was competition.

They did copy a lot of the dirty tactics Stagecoach have used in the past:
1. Using buses in liveries which looked like they belong to their rival i.e. the plain red Wright Renowns replaced by the red Metrocities.
2. Timetabling services to run just ahead of their rival.
3. Blocking bus stands to try and prevent their rival picking up passengers.

The only difference being GHA didn't manage to force Network Warrington off the route or force them to sell the business - which was often the end outcome Stagecoach achieved.
Volvo B7RLE DK09DZG is currently on loan to Compass Bus.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)