Current time: 18/05/2024, 09:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(07/08/2016 21:18)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Its annoying as there trying to get people out of there cars and on to public transport but that won't happen if say someone gives the bus a try for a week and out of 5 days the bus doesn't turn up on 2 of them days.
They would soon return back to there car when having to pay for taxis if the last bus don't turn up to get them home.
Im not blaming the local transport authorities as they can only work with what they have but the government need to look at public transport and public services to get people using public transport.

It's a catch 22 situation. Do LA's really want people using subsidied bus services? I think they don't. They see subsidised services as a hindrance and would prefer everything ran commercially but the Transport act provevts bus companies doing this as it insists every commercial bus service must turn a profit and pay for itself.
I won't go into too much detail but where I work a well used evening and Sunday service which connects two towns and a number of large council estates has recently been withdrawn by the LA and replaced with a 'local link' ring and ride style service mon-sat with noting on the Sunday. To use the service you have to be pre-registered so standing at a bus stop with your hand out won't work lol. But how is this apealing to people? I know of several people that used the bus service that won't now use the minibus service because having to prebook isn't always an option.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Cheshire East are currently re-tendering the former-GHA services with new 5 year contracts set to commence on 24th October.
Llew Jones - Route 55/X5

From today (8th August) Llew Jones will be providing the 55/X5 service on behalf of Denbighshire County Council. The service had been, until last week, operated by Coastline of Rhyl using a minibus. The service from today will follow an emergency timetable and now includes certain journeys extended to Wrexham as the X5. I have updated my former GHA routes table accordingly - LINK

Llew Jones has also purchased from finance companies ex GHA Solo vehicles YJ54ZYB, YJ54ZYE, YM52TPV, YM52TPY and YJ06YSE

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Auction of 80 plus former GHA vehicles.

Details of the Auction to be conducted by Landwood Group on behalf of the Administrators is as follows:-

Leyland Olympian & Scania Double Decker’s (up to 86 seats)
Volvo B7 & B10 Single Decker’s (up to 70 seats) BMC Yellow buses 60 seat.
Dennis Dart, Optare Solo’s, Mercedes Mini and Midi buses.
Powered by Gardner, Cummings, Scania, Mercedes, Volvo & DAF
Chassis’ by Optare, Dennis, Mercedes, Volvo, BMC, Ford and others
Other coaches, mini buses, panel vans & work shop equipment to be sold in September.

Bidding Opens: Tuesday 9th August at 10.00 am
Bidding Closes: Thursday 25th August from 11.00 am
Viewing: Tuesday 23rd August between 10am and 4pm

The auction will be conducted using Bidspotter
A preview catalogue can be downloaded - LINK

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
(08/08/2016 21:34)DLG817 Wrote:  .Llew Jones has also purchased from finance companies ex GHA Solo vehicles YJ54ZYB, YJ54ZYE, [b]YM52TPV, YM52TPY[/b] and YJ06YSE

YM52TPV was the one Tomlinson Travel had which GHA were reportedly going to refurbish before putting it in to service. Did it ever run a service with GHA?
(09/08/2016 10:15)knutstransport Wrote:  YM52TPV was the one Tomlinson Travel had which GHA were reportedly going to refurbish before putting it in to service? If so did it ever run a service with GHA?

No - I don't believe it ever went on service with GHA. It originally arrived at Winsford in Oct 2014 - it spent most of its time there either in the workshop or around the rear of the workshop - it was then towed to Ruabon in Dec 2014 where I believe it sat until it left on 4th August by low loader.

DLG817
(08/08/2016 21:34)DLG817 Wrote:  .
Llew Jones - Route 55/X5

From today (8th August) Llew Jones will be providing the 55/X5 service on behalf of Denbighshire County Council. The service had been, until last week, operated by Coastline of Rhyl using a minibus. The service from today will follow an emergency timetable and now includes certain journeys extended to Wrexham as the X5. I have updated my former GHA routes table accordingly - LINK

Llew Jones has also purchased from finance companies ex GHA Solo vehicles YJ54ZYB, YJ54ZYE, YM52TPV, YM52TPY and YJ06YSE

Links to photos of two former GHA buses now with Llew Jones on former GHA routes - YJ54ZYB and YJ54ZYE

DLG817
(09/08/2016 15:05)DLG817 Wrote:  Links to photos of two former GHA buses now with Llew Jones on former GHA routes - YJ54ZYB and YJ54ZYE

From those photos it doesn't look obvious that they are debranded Cheshire Connect Solos.
Wrexham Council seem surprised there has been a 'limited response' to last weeks tenders:
Wrexham.com Wrote:However today Wrexham Council confirmed there had been a limited response to the exercise and that and that only a few commercial transport operators responded to the tender. Those responses will now be examined as a way of getting buses back onto unserviced routes.

Speaking about the response to the procurement exercise, Cllr David A Bithell, Lead Member for Environment and Transport, said: “We are disappointed in the number of returns received, and officers will also explore all further options to mitigate services lost.”
Considering there are now only two bus operators based in the Wrexham area I am not massively surprised!

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Townlynx might also go in for some work as its not that far for them

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)