Current time: 18/05/2024, 10:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(15/07/2016 19:47)326VFM Wrote:  SP1/2 Stagecoach Dart PX55EGD has no ticket machine on dash board?? Go have a look!!

Wouldn't matter if no fares are being taken
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I believe until gained routes go through vosa and offically registered commercially its free rides on emergency routes
(15/07/2016 21:30)E208 WBG Wrote:  PG0007381/36 - DAVID JONES & GARY JONES T/A D JONES & SON BUS & COACH TRAVEL, MINDEN, PLAS BENNION ROAD, PENYCAE, WREXHAM, LL14 1TP
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Wrexham Bus Station
Finish Point: Llangollen, Parade Street
Via: Ruabon
Service Number: 5
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 15-JUL-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday

PG0007381/37 - DAVID JONES & GARY JONES T/A D JONES & SON BUS & COACH TRAVEL, MINDEN, PLAS BENNION ROAD, PENYCAE, WREXHAM, LL14 1TP
Finish Point: Wrexham Industrial Estate
Via: Hightown
Service Number: 42

PG0007381/38 - DAVID JONES & GARY JONES T/A D JONES & SON BUS & COACH TRAVEL, MINDEN, PLAS BENNION ROAD, PENYCAE, WREXHAM, LL14 1TP
Finish Point: Redwither Tower
Via:
Service Number: 41

On vosa today the first of the gha routes registered by a new operator ..thought arriva was doing the 5

arriva are doing the 5 but only every 30 minutes so maybe the other operator will do a 60 minute frequency
(15/07/2016 17:31)gka472l Wrote:  Dart AA52GHA parked in a yard next to Capenhurst station.

HTH

Wonder who aquired that
According to a couple of comments to an online post regarding GHA, they were apparently wound up by HMRC after failing to pay a large tax bill (very similar to Ace Travels fate in Liverpool the other year).
All drivers received a text at around 3pm which read ' I sorry to report GHA Coaches will cease trading tonight plz attend depot meeting 10AM tomoz, ALL wages holidays will be paid' - yes it was written like that lol.

Apparently some drivers are angry because days earlier there was speculation on social media that the company had asked local authorities to arrange replacement operators for services they ran on their behalf, but management were quick to dismiss the specualtion.

What a mess.
Just heard from a friend of mine from Arriva Wythenshawe Depot that they will be taking on former GHA 88 route from next week, not sure on vehicles to be used yet or whether anything is joining the fleet
(16/07/2016 07:39)M60lad Wrote:  Just heard from a friend of mine from Arriva Wythenshawe Depot that they will be taking on former GHA 88 route from next week, not sure on vehicles to be used yet or whether anything is joining the fleet

Arriva's website have confirmed they are taking over the route which will be running to an emergency timetable consisting of an hourly service starting at 06:40 in both directions and increasing to half-hourly on 1st August. No confirmation of the last bus times though.

That route did used to be operated by North Western/Arriva Wythenshawe between the mid-90s and 2009 as the 288 route after North Western acquired Starline Travel who had depots in Knutsford and Wythenshawe which was run by Simon Fawett, who now owns Mistral.
(15/07/2016 21:27)E208 WBG Wrote:  I believe until gained routes go through vosa and offically registered commercially its free rides on emergency routes

I've seen emergency registrations appear on VOSA with start dates in the past before, so possibly under such circumstances it's possible to get approval to start before the registration is officially put on to the system.
(15/07/2016 21:27)E208 WBG Wrote:  I believe until gained routes go through vosa and offically registered commercially its free rides on emergency routes

You can charge fares if council have given a short notice letter for registering the service, providing it's in the general public interest.

It's just a case of how quickly the council's and operators move.

Our first day on 289 we didn't charge. Council had no faretable as gha had not supplied the council with one.
(16/07/2016 08:40)The H man Wrote:  Our first day on 289 we didn't charge. Council had no faretable as gha had not supplied the council with one.

If it's any help the maximum return fare GHA charged on Cheshire routes was £5, which was the same price as their day ticket. Their single fares were all over the place though, I think they just had a random number generator to create them!

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)