Current time: 18/05/2024, 11:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(22/02/2016 22:16)Depotosw Wrote:  Reported elsewhere via someone using the services today:

'The 15:03 ex Crewe and 16:30 ex Chester didn't operate. Also the 17:30 ex Chester only ran to Tarvin. It is booked to operate all the way.'

Just to clarify that these are GHA Coaches runs (judging from the times given).

Do you or anyone else know if there were passengers on board the short working?
If so, the next 84 along would be Arriva's and I doubt they'd let someone with a GHA ticket on, and would you chance it with the next GHA working a full hour later? -- as maybe that would run short too.
I would also be interested to know what the dests showed, and whether they were changed en route or the driver knew from the start that he would be working short (and in this case, if he at least let the passengers know so they could make alternative travel plans).

I appreciate that the answers to these things might not be known!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/02/2016 20:20)Dentonian Wrote:  Showing my ignorance now, but who/what is "Transport Solutions"? A very generic term, when I googled it, I just got it as part of the names of various companies in the logistcs/haulage business - no reference to Passenger Transport.

I think it should have been Transport Service Solutions, a company Cheshire East Council set up.
(22/02/2016 19:22)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Nice to see someone who actually agrees with me, Routemaster have had some decent loading's to be fair to them ive seen that for myself, my picture of YG52EVY in Tarvin shows a good loading!

Arriva would have had the sense to run their reduced service at the more popular times but that doesn't mean there isn't demand at other times.
(23/02/2016 06:29)Valandil Wrote:  Just to clarify that these are GHA Coaches runs (judging from the times given).

Do you or anyone else know if there were passengers on board the short working?
If so, the next 84 along would be Arriva's and I doubt they'd let someone with a GHA ticket on, and would you chance it with the next GHA working a full hour later? -- as maybe that would run short too.
I would also be interested to know what the dests showed, and whether they were changed en route or the driver knew from the start that he would be working short (and in this case, if he at least let the passengers know so they could make alternative travel plans).

I appreciate that the answers to these things might not be known!

Yes this was the GHA turns mentioned, I have no idea if destination was set for Tarvin but the suggestive from the comment.
I've heard one instance of an instance where a GHA driver told passengers he wasn't down to work the next service as it was the end of his shift but said as another driver isn't available he'd take anyone wanting stops on the way to the depot.
(23/02/2016 16:13)knutstransport Wrote:  I've heard one instance of an instance where a GHA driver told passengers he wasn't down to work the next service as it was the end of his shift but said as another driver isn't available he'd take anyone wanting stops on the way to the depot.

A nice case of 'common sense prevails', no doubt something you wouldn't get with the larger operators.
I travelled today from Acton to Liverpool via Chester. I caught the first bus after 0930 from Acton which was a GHA Centro CN57EFD - yes I am one of the silver tops, long time retired! As you can imagine this is a popular service and one I am surprised Arriva let go. The Centro was about half full after Tarporley where we were overtaken by the Routemaster DD H116. This was virtually empty.And so it remained into Chester.

Returning from Chester I caught the 1535 GHA from the Bus Station - busy from town to Vicars Cross but sparse loadings otherwise. The Routemaster ex-Fishwicks Commander was again virtually empty as if followed the GHA working all the way to Tarporley.

However the GHA driver I am sure was glad of the following Routemaster C84. There was a serious RTA near the Red Fox pub near Tarporley and all traffic was having to turn right onto the A49 Whitchurch Road. The Commander overtook the Centro and the RM driver led the GHA vehicle through Spurstow, Haughton and Burland to pick up the normal route at Acton.

Quite an adventure. A pleasure to see the operation between the competing buses. What the locals around Haughton thought of this 'convoy' as they were pushed to the side of the lanes I do not know.

But I agree with previous comments. I feel sorry for RM who have filled a gap in the Chester service only to have it taken away by GHA. Incidentally there was some confusion between passengers as to ticket purchases. Some paid to use the GHA bus even though they had an Arriva return. That won't last for long.
According to Cheshire East council service 36 Crewe-Haslington-Sandbach will be withdrawn in April.
(24/02/2016 09:57)knutstransport Wrote:  According to Cheshire East council service 36 Crewe-Haslington-Sandbach will be withdrawn in April.

Thought that 36 service is the ex Bakerbus now D&G service
(24/02/2016 10:15)E208 WBG Wrote:  Thought that 36 service is the ex Bakerbus now D&G service

32 Crewe - Warmingham - Sandbach is a D&G route. 36 Crewe-Haslington-Sandbach is a commerical GHA route which duplicates part of the Arriva 37 service between Crewe and Winsford via Sandbach. While the 36 hasn't appeared on the GHA website since they redesigned it (like some of the other Cheshire East routes) the times are still on Traveline.

EDIT: Just checked and D&G used to run the 36 but haven't for over 12 months now.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)