Current time: 18/05/2024, 10:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(22/02/2016 10:18)Depotosw Wrote:  The one still in Connect 88 livery MX58 KZF has been a regular working on route 436 Shrewsbury - Bridgnorth for quite some months now. Personal observation of the 436 has shown it to have settled down to be good with timings from the previous late running it suffered in the early days. The only let down is the lack of washing of buses on the service, some coated with two weeks of mud which lets GHA down in terms of presentation of their brand image and passengers views from inside, perhaps not helped by a lack of washing facilities at Shrewsbury.

In Cheshire it seems the GHA buses generally don't have clean exteriors unless they've recently returned after being serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Believe the Volvo B7RLE Centro is on 84's today
Some initial photos from the first day of GHA on the 84.

GHA and Arriva working together!! - PHOTO LINK

Did Routemaster leave early?? - PHOTO LINK

Where did the 2 minute gap go? - PHOTO LINK

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
(22/02/2016 15:21)DLG817 Wrote:  Did Routemaster leave early?? - PHOTO LINK

Where did the 2 minute gap go? - PHOTO LINK

A 2 minute gap can easily disappear if one bus keeps stopping to pick up passengers and the other keeps driving past stops. However, the later bus should obviously wait at the next timed stop until it is the correct time. I notice from the photo the GHA driver seems to be more interested in the loading on the Routemaster bus than the road up ahead.

I'm not sure why your caption is "Did Routemaster leave early?" If you know what time it left then you could say it left early or if you don't know the time then it could have been GHA running late opposed to Routemaster running early.
(22/02/2016 15:26)knutstransport Wrote:  A 2 minute gap can easily disappear if one bus keeps stopping to pick up passengers and the other keeps driving past stops. However, the later bus should obviously wait at the next timed stop until it is the correct time. I notice from the photo the GHA driver seems to be more interested in the loading on the Routemaster bus than the road up ahead.

I'm not sure why your caption is "Did Routemaster leave early?" If you know what time it left then you could say it left early or if you don't know the time then it could have been GHA running late opposed to Routemaster running early.

My watch may not be accurate!!! - but hopefully the 'Inspector' from Transport Solutions who had a big clipboard would have had an accurate watch.

On a serious point - I just hope that this situation does not continue - it does not do the industry any favours.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
(22/02/2016 15:45)DLG817 Wrote:  My watch may not be accurate!!! - but hopefully the 'Inspector' from Transport Solutions who had a big clipboard would have had an accurate watch.

I think they are allowed to depart 1 minute early without getting in to trouble. However, if the driver's clock is 1 minute fast and he then decides to leave 1 minute early by his clock then it's a different matter.

Quote:On a serious point - I just hope that this situation does not continue - it does not do the industry any favours.

Agreed. There are many potentially useful routes which could be introduced so it's a waste to have bus wars with mainly empty buses when the bus and driver could be doing something useful.
"On a serious point - I just hope that this situation does not continue - it does not do the industry any favours."

I tell you what does not do the industry any favors is a so called professional company seeing their bum over the fact Routemaster ran ahead of the 82 between Tarvin and Chester (which is far from a busy corridor anyway) what i find funny is that Arriva's 84 used to run ahead of the 82 between Tarvin and Chester how come G.H.A never competed against Arriva? need i say anymore.

As i said from the start most people will still use Arriva regardless of Routemaster and G.H.A being on the route my point was proven when i went to Tarvin to Photograph the C84 and the Chester bound Arriva 84 was full and standing.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(22/02/2016 19:03)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  "On a serious point - I just hope that this situation does not continue - it does not do the industry any favours."

I tell you what does not do the industry any favors is a so called professional company seeing their bum over the fact Routemaster ran ahead of the 82 between Tarvin and Chester (which is far from a busy corridor anyway) what i find funny is that Arriva's 84 used to run ahead of the 82 between Tarvin and Chester how come G.H.A never competed against Arriva? need i say anymore.

As i said from the start most people will still use Arriva regardless of Routemaster and G.H.A being on the route my point was proven when i went to Tarvin to Photograph the C84 and the Chester bound Arriva 84 was full and standing.

Your certainly right but to be fair to Routemaster they have had some decent loadings.
Nice to see someone who actually agrees with me, Routemaster have had some decent loading's to be fair to them ive seen that for myself, my picture of YG52EVY in Tarvin shows a good loading!

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(22/02/2016 19:22)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Nice to see someone who actually agrees with me, Routemaster have had some decent loading's to be fair to them ive seen that for myself, my picture of YG52EVY in Tarvin shows a good loading!

Reported elsewhere via someone using the services today:

'The 15:03 ex Crewe and 16:30 ex Chester didn't operate. Also the 17:30 ex Chester only ran to Tarvin. It is booked to operate all the way.'

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)