Current time: 22/05/2024, 16:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
I heard a bus being used on the 27 route on Thursday was involved in an accident in the Macclesfield Hospital grounds after hitting a bollard. I'm not sure what vehicle was involved or how bad the damage was.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/07/2015 10:56)knutstransport Wrote:  I heard a bus being used on the 27 route on Thursday was involved in an accident in the Macclesfield Hospital grounds after hitting a bollard. I'm not sure what vehicle was involved or how bad the damage was.

S879 SNB was the vehicle involved, has come to Ruabon and it is a repairable job!

Also one of those Iveco school buses has arrived in the yard but with no number plates on it
Ex Rogers of Graigfechan Cheetah S490UAK (1023) has been re-registered to TIL7583 - this was the plate assigned to the Hanmer liveried Merc 811D which has now been scrapped

SN04EFS (1461) - ex Warwickshire Transbus 300 which has been with GHA since Nov 2013 and has spent a considerable time in Ruabon out of use - has now returned to service - still in its Green and Yellow Warwickshire livery. It does look a bit better than SN04EFU did before it was repainted into its new livery.

Ex Ace Travel Optare Solo MX53FDZ is currently being stored at Ruabon but has not been purchased - this is a possibility. Two ex Ace Darts S310 and S311 SHB were also stored at Ruabon for a while but were not purchased and have moved on.

Arrived at Ruabon is an ex MoD Irisbus (Iveco) / Vehixel Scholabus - B54F - currently in white. Two have been purchased with the intention of repair to be school buses probably to be based at Macclesfield. The second one is not drivable and has not yet arrived.

Dart / Spryte P454DCW has now been scrapped on site

Interestingly ex Shropshire Bus and Coach Optare Excel 2799 - V199ERA took a spell on the Wrexham - Llangollen route yesterday - PHOTO LINK

The following vehicles are currently not in service:-
1009 R669UCC SORN (I suspect to be for spares)
1300 R627SJM SORN (Engine has recently been removed - suspect will be source of spares)
2735 W235CDN SORN (I suspect will be repaired - project)
2755 R455KWT SORN (I suspect will be repaired - project)

The above are currently located in the former Bryn Melyn workshop area which is now being used for longer term repair work. Also in there is 1305 - CN07FSO which has yet to see service

Also currently out of use -
1501 P762FOD (Work on breaking has begun - no way back)
1381 YJ06FYA (been involved in serious RTC)
4003 CA06GHA (been involved in serious RTC)

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
From VOSA:

7482/18 - BRYN MELYN LTD, UNIT GA05, GARDDEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6RG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Ellesmere Cross and Meol Brace School given service number 501/SY0501 effective from 31-Aug-2015.

PG0007482/21 - BRYN MELYN LTD, UNIT GA05, GARDDEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6RG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between OSWESTRY and SHREWSBURY given service number 576 effective from 31-Aug-2015.

PG0007482/23 - BRYN MELYN LTD, UNIT GA05, GARDDEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6RG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Whitchurch and Whitchurch given service number 205 effective from 31-Aug-2015.

PG0007482/24 - BRYN MELYN LTD, UNIT GA05, GARDDEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6RG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Shrewsbury and Telford given service number 96 effective from 31-Aug-2015.

PG0007482/26 - BRYN MELYN LTD, UNIT GA05, GARDDEN INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6RG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between RHOS Y MEDRE and LLANGOLLEN given service number X4 effective from 31-Aug-2015.

PG1073209/37 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Wrexham Bus Station and Llangollen given service number 5/5C/5M effective from 31-Aug-2015. To amend Timetable.

PG1073209/44 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Mold and Chester given service number 9/109/99/X9 effective from 31-Aug-2015. To amend Timetable.

PG1073209/53 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Ince and Chester Business Park given service number DB8 effective from 31-Aug-2015.

PG1073209/56 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Frodsham and Northwich given service number 48 effective from 01-Aug-2015.

PG1073209/109 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Mold and Chester given service number 9/X9 effective from 31-Aug-2015.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/07/2015 22:01)bolton bus basher Wrote:  PG1073209/56 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Frodsham and Northwich given service number 48 effective from 01-Aug-2015.

Strange that's appeared under the Welsh traffic area on VOSA, when the registration of it was under the North Western traffic area and also the replacement service by Howards Travel is under the North Western traffic area.

Are the Bryn Melyn cancellations related to moving towards everything being registered under GHA Coaches?
It looks like the Cheshire East 19 and 200 routes are currently up for renewal, as well as D&G route 9 Wistaston to Crewe (I wonder if GHA might try and get that.)

It also appears the 300 Knutsford Town Service is going to be available as a contract, even though it's currently a commercial service operated by D&G. One lot is N50300 Route Start: Knutsford Route End: Knutsford Minimum Vehicle Seating Capacity: 27 with quite a low subsidy so I wonder if GHA might try and get that given it's the only route in Knutsford they don't currently operate.

http://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTICE:...XT:EN:HTML
I thought this finished some time ago now

PC1098981/5 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Ellesmere Port and Liverpool Airport given service number X36 effective from 31-Aug-2015.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Network Warrington are revising the times of their 16/45/46 services from 1st September, what's the chance they'll be 5 minutes before the GHA services?
I should have spotted this before and combined it with my earlier post.

This was the outcome of the tender for the contract for the 9/10 services which GHA won

Quote:Contract No: N50010 Lot No: 1 - Lot title: N50010
V.1)Date of contract award decision:
V.2)Information about offers
Number of offers received: 1
V.3)Name and address of economic operator in favour of whom the contract award decision has been taken
GHA Coaches Limited
Unit 11, Vauxhall Industrial Estate, Ruabon
LL14 6HA Wrexham
UNITED KINGDOM

V.4)Information on value of contract
Total final value of the contract:
Value: 17 997 GBP
Excluding VAT
If annual or monthly value:
Number of years: 3

No wonder GHA thought it would be good to expand in to the Macclesfield area.
Few more turned up on VOSA since i last looked:

PC1098981/14 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Macclesfield Bus Station and Manchester Piccadilly Gardens given service number 130 effective from 31-Aug-2015. To amend Timetable.

PC1098981/23 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Knutsford and Altrincham given service number 88 effective from 31-Aug-2015. To amend Timetable.

PC1098981/25 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Variation Accepted: Operating between Crewe and Macclesfield given service number 38 effective from 31-Aug-2015. To amend Route and Timetable.

PC1098981/40 - G H A COACHES LTD, UNIT 11, VAUXHALL INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, RUABON, WREXHAM, LL14 6UY
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Macclesfield Bus Station
Finish Point: Knutsford Bus Station
Via: Chelford
Service Number: 27X
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 31-AUG-2015
Other Details: Monday to Saturday

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)