Current time: 18/05/2024, 08:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
Although many older Solos and Dart SLFs would not be DDA compliant, most if not all are unaffected by these changes as it only applies to buses where the maximum gross weight is 7.5t and below. Since a typical 8.5m Solo is around 6.3t unladen, these do not come under this DDA round, they will be affected from the start of next year. The same applies to the Dart SLFs, they are too heavy on their MGW to be categorised under this round of DDA changes.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Current new orders have been confirmed as:
Welsh Bus & Coach Wrote:3 x Scania ADL Enviro 400 for T3 duties
1 x ADL E20D ADL Enviro 200
4 x ADL E20D ADL Enviro 200 for Cheshire East contracts
3 Optare Solo SRs also for Cheshire East contract
These are expected to have 15-plate registrations
Credit to welsh-bus-news for the information

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
(01/01/2015 16:44)Garsty Wrote:  Current new orders have been confirmed as:

That's interesting as the T3 contract as tendered was for 4 new vehicles not 3.
(01/01/2015 16:00)LJ51DCX Wrote:  My understanding is that anything older than a Y plate (although Arriva Wrexham MPD's Y---UJC's ARE and the Y--TDA's NOT) is not DDA spec. So I thought that GHA's T,V,W and X plate Solo's and T and V plate MPD's would not meet DDA without some modification to the wheelchair backrest and the wheelchair ramps. I believe also that Alexander Darts Y201KNB and VX51PZM are not compliant also which unless they have recently been modified should all in theory be removed from service if they are under 7.5 tonnes.

There are vehicles as old as 02 plate that aren't to DDA spec, usually down to not having a suitable wheelchair ramp. I think many vehicles will need some retrofitting to comply in readiness for next January.
(01/01/2015 16:44)Garsty Wrote:  Current new orders have been confirmed as:
3 x Scania ADL Enviro 400 for T3 duties
1 x ADL E20D ADL Enviro 200
4 x ADL E20D ADL Enviro 200 for Cheshire East contracts
3 Optare Solo SRs also for Cheshire East contract
These are expected to have 15-plate registrations

To clarify the position of new orders Stephen Bryce, General Manager of GHA has requested me to confirm that the current orders for new vehicles for 2015 are:-

For the T3 3 x Scania ADL Enviro 400 and 1 x ADL Enviro 200, (making a total of 4 vehicles)

For the 42 (Crewe - Congleton) 3 x Enviro200

For the Congleton Town Service 2 x Enviro200

for the Nantwich Services 4 x Optare Solo SR

and additionally 2 x Optare MetroCity's (route not yet confirmed)

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
(02/01/2015 13:42)DLG817 Wrote:  To clarify the position of new orders Stephen Bryce, General Manager of GHA has requested me to confirm that the current orders for new vehicles for 2015 are:-

For the T3 3 x Scania ADL Enviro 400 and 1 x ADL Enviro 200, (making a total of 4 vehicles)

Its a pity that the conversion of T3 to double deck is being done somewhat half heartedly. I don't recall 3 double decks and 1 single being an option when the service went out to tender. It's a shame that Gwynedd CC are letting them do that. I'd imagine capacity problems at times during the summer peak where passengers are expecting a double decker and a saloon appears.
(02/01/2015 13:42)DLG817 Wrote:  2 x Optare MetroCity's (route not yet confirmed)
Ain't they the Tempo looking single deck think they be ideal for the 45 as would get more customers instead of the elderly B10BLE's
(02/01/2015 18:10)Sminky Wrote:  Its a pity that the conversion of T3 to double deck is being done somewhat half heartedly. I don't recall 3 double decks and 1 single being an option when the service went out to tender. It's a shame that Gwynedd CC are letting them do that. I'd imagine capacity problems at times during the summer peak where passengers are expecting a double decker and a saloon appears.
The original tender only actually specified single decks it was up to the operators to add double decks if they wished.
Tender Wrote:Double Deck Options
Operators are also invited to submit prices to provide low floor double deck
vehicles on certain busy journeys on the T3 service. The double deck vehicles
will be required have a minimum seating capacity of 70 seats and meet all of
the requirements as set out above for single deck vehicles.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Nothing new for Wrexham (except the T3)? bit of a joke that is to be quite honest.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Going back to the DDA Legislation, I've made a list of the buses that'll be affected:-

Optare Solo's
S903 DUB
S280 AOX
T289 UOX
T308 UOX
T313 UOX
T314 UOX
T317 UOX
T789 KNW
LJI 8023
X9 GHA
B10 PTL
X319 CBT
A15 GHA
V395 KVY
V107 LVH

Dennis Dart's
S879 SNB
T112 KGP
T115 KGP
T549 HNH
V7 GHA
V8 GHA

Mercedes-Benz 814D Vario's
N2 GHA
N3 GHA
P3 GHA
SIW 8268
R669 UCC
S908 JCC

Optare Metrorider
R627 SJM

The total is 28, a huge amount frankly!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)