Current time: 18/05/2024, 08:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(10/07/2014 21:06)fordsonmajor2012 Wrote:  All you alcoholics in North Wales will know that the 'Route 76 Beer Festival' is on this weekend. As usual GHA will be operating a every 15 minutes service in a clockwise direction, serving Llandyrnog, Llangynhafal, Hendrerwydd, Llanbedr DC, Graigfechan, Llanfair, Ruthin, Rhewl and Llanrhaeadr. Buses with around 40 seats will be used. L409 NUA and R817 OYS arrived at Ruthin on Monday, i assume that they'll be used. Like every year K772/781 DAO will most likely be used. I think 2 more buses are needed but im not sure what they'll be Undecided

I believe that the former Brighton Volvo B10BLE's are to be used, maybe one or both still in Brighton livery that have yet to be used along with the one that came out of the paintshop earlier this week.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/07/2014 21:06)fordsonmajor2012 Wrote:  All you alcoholics in North Wales will know that the 'Route 76 Beer Festival' is on this weekend. As usual GHA will be operating a every 15 minutes service in a clockwise direction, serving Llandyrnog, Llangynhafal, Hendrerwydd, Llanbedr DC, Graigfechan, Llanfair, Ruthin, Rhewl and Llanrhaeadr. Buses with around 40 seats will be used. L409 NUA and R817 OYS arrived at Ruthin on Monday, i assume that they'll be used. Like every year K772/781 DAO will most likely be used. I think 2 more buses are needed but im not sure what they'll be Undecided
(10/07/2014 21:16)LJ51DCX Wrote:  I believe that the former Brighton Volvo B10BLE's are to be used, maybe one or both still in Brighton livery that have yet to be used along with the one that came out of the paintshop earlier this week.

Two of the former Brighton Volvo B10BLE's did work the service - photos of R217HCD and R230HCD

Unfortunately R219HCD which I believe is now in GHA livery didn't make an appearance.

The others working the service were K772DAO, K781DAO, L408NUA, N9GHA and SN04EFU. This was a very popular event and most departures from Ruthin were full loads with sometimes passengers having to wait 15 minutes for the next bus. Interesting to see a security person (riding shotgun !!! ) on each journey.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
R230 HCD was used on the 5/X5/X52 today, ED03 GHA has arrived at the Ruthin Depot along with CM03 HSM.
All four ex Brighton and Hove - Volvo B10 / Wright Renowns have now entered service. In addition to R226HCD (mentioned in last month's report) - R219HCD has also been given the GHA (low floor) livery and began work last week. It has had a small spell working for sister company Bryn Melyn and on Sunday it worked the Snowdon Sherpa service under the safe and able control of Mr Charlie Williams and today it was working the 146 Whitchurch to Wrexham route. Here is a photo of it about to commence the short journey to Penley.

As reported by me yesterday R230HCD and R217HCD are still in their Brighton and Hove livery and commenced work on the annual 'Route 76 Real Ale Trail' on Saturday.

A number of vehicles have joined the fleet all arriving with accident / fire damage and will possibly only be used for spares:-
FE02KDX Optare Solo M920 ex Target Travel Devon - but the bus was originally new to Trent.
B19DAF DAF SB3000 / VanHool Alizee ex Adams Tours, Walsall
264CHX DAF SB3000 / VanHool Alizee ex Heritage Tours, Partridge Green, West Sussex

Leaving the fleet this week will be the two Optare Aleros - YO53OUH and YP52JWN. These two vehicles are owned by the local authority and are returning to them and it is understood they will be going for auction. They have been out of service for well over a year now and were originally utilised by GHA to operate and later be the spares for the demand responsive 'Flexi' service in Ruthin. Previous to that they were operated by Arriva for the original Deeside Shuttle services.

Vale's Metrorider R627SJM has been out of service for a few months and work has now started to return it to service.

New services are being undertaken by the company.
From last week the company have won the contract for the Monday to Friday daytime 77 - Congleton to Kidsgrove service and also the evening 38 - Crewe to Macclesfield service.
On 18th August the company will be starting a new commercial 45 Northwich to Warrington service.
I also understand that there may be further service demands in the autumn - I expect we will see some further fleet additions soon.

Ron

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
(14/07/2014 20:14)DLG817 Wrote:  On 18th August the company will be taking over from Warrington Transport the Northwich to Warrington service.

Interestingly, Network Warrington has said that its 45 (and 46) are not ending at that time, so it seems that the GHA runs will be in addition to Warrington's.
GHA is hoping to publish its timetable soon ... it will be interesting!
I was going to say that if GHA were simply taking over the Network Warrington service I hope that they were going to put decent size vehicles on it as the Northwitch's can get quite busy
(15/07/2014 06:18)M60lad Wrote:  I was going to say that if GHA were simply taking over the Network Warrington service I hope that they were going to put decent size vehicles on it as the Northwitch's can get quite busy

Aye, Warrington often put their largest available single-deckers on there now (B45F seating).
(12/07/2014 20:58)DLG817 Wrote:  Two of the former Brighton Volvo B10BLE's did work the service - photos of R217HCD and R230HCD

Unfortunately R219HCD which I believe is now in GHA livery didn't make an appearance.

The others working the service were K772DAO, K781DAO, L408NUA, N9GHA and SN04EFU. This was a very popular event and most departures from Ruthin were full loads with sometimes passengers having to wait 15 minutes for the next bus. Interesting to see a security person (riding shotgun !!! ) on each journey.

I've heard lots of complaints regarding bunching of buses and gaps of as much as 45 minutes with people giving up and getting lifts or taxis, seems to be a victim of its own success!! Hope they can sort this for next time. Interesting that the buses didn't show a service number despite one being registered.
(14/07/2014 20:14)DLG817 Wrote:  A number of vehicles have joined the fleet all arriving with accident / fire damage and will possibly only be used for spares:-
FE02KDX Optare Solo M920 ex Target Travel Devon - but the bus was originally new to Trent.

The fire damaged Solo was wrongly identified - it is SA02BZR - ( not FE02KDX ) Optare Solo M920 B30F (SAB19000000000733) new in March 2002 to First Glasgow (MS13), ex Target Travel, Plymouth. My excuse is that I had to identify it from the chassis number and misread my notes - fortunately took a photo of VIN plate so now confident I have the correct vehicle. I shall duly punish myself accordingly.

Apologies - Ron

DLG817
SN04EFU was spotted this morning at Chester Foregate Street operating the X1! Smile
https://www.flickr.com/photos/welshbuses93/14688371753/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)