Current time: 18/05/2024, 06:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
CIL 312 has been allocated to the Ruthin Depot and GO54 BCL has gone to the Ruabon depot, looks good in the silver livery
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
YJ59NMX was on the 5 today although branded for Whitchurch Town Circular 205 recent allocated to the Bryn Melyn Fleet

Photo Here :- https://www.flickr.com/photos/arrivanort...721475525/

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Into the fleet is V670DAO – Mercedes - Benz 614 / Autobus Classique – C24F – new in Sept 1999 to Hoban, Workington, ex M & D Travel (Cass), Hartburn, Stockton on Tees - will require bodywork attention before entering service.

Also new into the fleet is YEZ2505 Volvo B10M-62 / Jonckheere – C53F- New in April 1996 to Clarke, Lower Sydenham – ex Mckendry Coaches, Loanhead, Edinburgh

Solo (ex K & H Doyle) MX55BYF has now been given standard low fleet livery and is being prepared for service – sister Solo MX55BYD remains in service at Ruthin still in Tesco livery.

YJ04BVC – DAF SB120 / Wright Cadet has entered service. This bus has been with the company since April 2012 before entering service.

Bryn Melyn liveried Solo YJ59NMX (ex Heyfordian) has now entered service and is branded for the Whitchurch town service (205). [As reported by LJ51 DDA] It originally entered service on the 5 Wrexham to Llangollen to prove reliability.

I understand that ITV Wales has been doing some filming this week involving some GHA buses on service. These have included 146 branded AA56GHA and the World Heritage Site (Pontcysyllte Aqueduct) liveried Solo YK05CBX.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Anyone ideas why GHA withdrew the opt are aleros???

From pics i've seen they look like reasonable buses, bit on smallish side but looked quite well built buses tbh.
MX55 BYD has gone to Ruabon, S903 DUB has been in the body shop over the past couple of weeks and YJ04 BVC was on the 5/X5/X52 on Tuesday and Wednesday
(11/04/2014 16:28)33109 Wrote:  Anyone ideas why GHA withdrew the opt are aleros???

From pics i've seen they look like reasonable buses, bit on smallish side but looked quite well built buses tbh.

I have been told by a number of operators that the Aleros are/were expensive to maintain and run. As an example brake parts needed changing very frequently.

The two withdrawn GHA Aleros and some others are actually owned by the County Council. They were originally for their contracts mainly the Deeside Shuttle. They were replaced mainly by Solos so the Aleros were kept as spares or used on some more rural contracts. In the case of GHA this was the Ruthin flexi but again a Solo was found to be better. Whilst they were used as a spare they did not have the capacity (14) that even the old Merc minibuses have and these are the preference for being used as spares when required.

I am sure the local authority would be delighted for a suggestion of how these 6 or so Aleros sitting in various locations rusting away can be effectively utilised and taken off their hands but I doubt if they get any offers.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
If they're not been used as you claim DLG817 then why don't the council sell em on? Reasons being:

(1)Saves em sat around doing bugger all & rusting away
(2)Local taxi firms etc could surely make use of a 14 seat vehicle for nights out etc
(3)Surely the excessive wear/maintenance issues can be solved with right time & mula by right company
(4)Makes the council a few quid
(5)Saves em getting scrapped, after all isn't it better these are found new owners rather than ennd up as baked bean canns
(12/04/2014 11:09)33109 Wrote:  If they're not been used as you claim DLG817 then why don't the council sell em on? Reasons being:

(1)Saves em sat around doing bugger all & rusting away
(2)Local taxi firms etc could surely make use of a 14 seat vehicle for nights out etc
(3)Surely the excessive wear/maintenance issues can be solved with right time & mula by right company
(4)Makes the council a few quid
(5)Saves em getting scrapped, after all isn't it better these are found new owners rather than ennd up as baked bean canns

I agree that appears to make sense - however you need to convince the Council if you want them to do anything about it. However I am not sure any taxi firms would be interested in taking on these possible liabilities - but others may know better.

DLG817
Optare Aleros have two futures realistically;
1. As a 'Party' bus
2. Scrapping

If you do a Flickr search for Optare Alero there is a good number of pictures of them either being scrapped, withdrawn or broken down.

I am sure the Council would sell them if they could (with them needing the money), but with scrapping being the only realistic option, the value they would get is most likely a lot less than they are valued at (a bit like Arriva leaving vehicles sitting withdrawn to depreciate in value before scrapping).

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
I noticed on Facebook on GHA Coaches' page that they have 4 big buses for the X94. Can anyone clarify if they're new or are they just the ones they use? Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)