Current time: 16/04/2024, 06:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Celebrity Deaths
RE: Celebrity Deaths
Sir Anthony Sher has died at the age of 72, he was an actor mainly associated with the Royal Shakespeare Company.

He was widely regarded as one of the country's finest contemporary classical actors, with a long association with the company.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Sly and Robbie bassist Robbie Shakespeare has died at the age of 68.
John Miles, best known for his 1976 top 3 UK single 'Music' died on December 5th at the age of 72.

EDIT: Just read now on BBC that Michael Nesmith, who was best known as a member of The Monkees as a singer and guitarist for the group has died at the age of 78.
This leaves Micky Dolenz as the last member of the band that is still alive (at the age of 76)
Il Divo singer Carlos Marin has died at the age of 53.
Osagi Bascome, who was previously a forward for Bristol City has died at the age of 23.

Edit: Just found out that Marin's death was COVID-19 complications according to the Daily Mail. Very sad to pass away days before Christmas.

Additional edit: Sally Ann Howes, known for her role as Truly Scrumptious in the 1968 musical film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, has died at the age of 91.
Former England cricket captain Ray Illingworth has died at the age of 89.

Edit: Two more deaths for Boxing Day
Desmond Tutu, a South African Anglican bishop, known for his work as an anti-apartheid and human rights activist, has died at the age of 90.
Janice Long, best known as a presenter on BBC Radio 1, Radio 2 and Top of the Pops, passed away at the age of 66 yesterday.
John Madden has died at the age of 85.

He was the coach of the Oakland Raiders who guided them to their first Super Bowl victory in 1977, and following retirement became well known for his television analyst and commentary on NFL games.

I just hope there isn't some big shock at the end of the year, like what happened in 2016, when we lost known greats such as Zsa Zsa Gabor, Carrie Fisher, George Michael, Liz Smith, etc.
Anna Karen who was the last member of On The Buses has sadly died
Gary Brooker from Procol Harum died this week, aged 76. Their most famous hit was of course Whiter Shade of Pale. Their other hits included Conquistador and Pandora's Box.

EDIT: Just found out that American drummer Sandy Nelson died on St Valentine's Day, aged 83.
Shane Warne has died at the age of 52.

A few days ago it was also announced that Shirley Hughes had died at the age of 94, I can recall reading some of the book's from the Alfie series growing up.
(04/03/2022 16:50)NathanR Wrote:  Shane Warne has died at the age of 52.

A few days ago it was also announced that Shirley Hughes had died at the age of 94, I can recall reading some of the book's from the Alfie series growing up.

The death of Shane Warne at 52 has come as a complete shock to ever one in the sporting world , not just Cricket .
(04/03/2022 20:41)wirralbus Wrote:  The death of Shane Warne at 52 has come as a complete shock to ever one in the sporting world , not just Cricket .

Yes, I couldn't believe it when I heard it in the car earlier. I was like what !!! Did I really hear that.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)