Current time: 16/05/2024, 13:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
More of a TFGM query than anything, but for the last couple of days there's been a TFGM data collector checking passenger's tickets/passes and asking where they are travelling too. I heard him explain several times that he wasn't a revenue inspector and didn't work for Stagecoach but was checking to make sure they were being paid the correct level of concessionary reimbursement from the local authority. If that's the case why was he also checking Stagecoach's own tickets such as my own megarider and even adult tickets sold from the driver on that very bus. I wasn't aware Stagecoach got any reimbursement from full fare paying adults.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19521 on the 658 this Afternoon seems a regular allocation recently

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
PC0003681/426 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Manchester
Finish Point: Heaton Park
Via:
Service Number: Parklife
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 05-JUN-2015
Other Details: Service provided in partnership with TfGM

Bit late but.... No.idea what the TFGM partnership is...
(05/06/2015 15:11)jimbo Wrote:  PC0003681/426 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Manchester
Finish Point: Heaton Park
Via:
Service Number: Parklife
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 05-JUN-2015
Other Details: Service provided in partnership with TfGM

Bit late but.... No.idea what the TFGM partnership is...
tfgm have arranged with stagecoach for them to accept parklife metrolink tickets on the shuttles. rather than them compete against each other they are working together for once

extract from tfgm.com/parklife :- And this year you can pick up a Parklife Travel Pass that allows you to travel by both Metrolink AND the dedicated Parklife Express shuttle bus service for just £5 a day.
19089 on the 628 and 19521 on the 658 and another wigan route 540 i think??? think there was the usual one on the 632 also

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
Due to minibus shortage at Hyde Road the 2 duties on 70 today are being operated by 19282 & 19407 respectively
Due to vehicle breakdown 19527 has replaced 19407 on 70s for the rest of the afternoon
Visiting from Wirral on Parklife. -17111,17113,18147,18150,18151,18152

I am no longer active on this forum.
Regarding my earlier postings about what was on 70 on Sunday just gone, one thing I forgot to ask is why are driver changeovers done at Pendleton Precinct, surely considering Hyde Road operating them it would be easier for driver changeovers to be done at Shudehill, then there's less chance of the services running late as there's not really a quick/direct route from Hyde Road to Pendleton without getting stuck in traffic
There was a similar situation with the 256, as I used to see driver changes take place at Chorlton Road/Stretford Road junction and then at Trafford Bar on journeys towards Manchester. I remember one time waiting for nearly 15 mins as the driver was late travelling from Manchester.

User(s) browsing this thread: 25 Guest(s)