Current time: 16/05/2024, 11:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(02/07/2014 14:45)Dentonian Wrote:  Seatbelts would restrict the movement of the driver when turning to serve passengers/issue tickets.

The only implication of seatbelts for drivers I've personally seen is the Park & Ride Volvo B7RLE's in Chester.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/07/2014 14:28)R971XVM Wrote:  Having looked at the promotional video and studied the cab area I still see no provision for an airbag / seatbelt... I think it's ridiculous in this day and age that seatbelts are still not fitted as standard for the driver, exemption or no exemption.

It's surprising, given that their fitted to all First Manchester Streetlites and Enviro's how many drivers I see who choose not to wear them. I'm not sure if its compulsory or not for First drivers to wear them in vehicles where there fitted, but clearly some drivers opt out of wearing them as they restrict movement when dealing with passengers.
Find all posts by this user
I can't agree with the whole restricted movement... I can quite easily turn in my seat when dealing with my baby daughter in the back of my car. I would much rather have the option to wear a seatbelt, having t-boned someone who pulled out in front of me and being thrown forward, and let other drivers make their own decision whether to wear it or not.
That's what the assault screen is for these days surely.
Stagecoach changes for July now on the website. Mostly summer times, although X69 will be withdrawn and replaced by 369 from 20 July, while contract changes on 27 July sees the 149 evening/Sunday service operated by Stagecoach (mentioned in VOSA thread) and the 364 and 512/513 lost to other operators (Stotts for 364 and Cumfybus for 512/513).

The 88/88A/89/89A evening service will now replicate the Sunday daytime service, with 88/89 running between Piccadilly and Cheetham Hill via White Moss & NMGH and 88A/89A running between Shudehill and Higher Blackley via Cheetham Hill & NMGH

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service...px?id=2341
Just found out that the evening/Sunday 149s will be operated by Middleton Depot when they start the tender at the end of the month
(04/07/2014 07:43)M60lad Wrote:  Just found out that the evening/Sunday 149s will be operated by Middleton Depot when they start the tender at the end of the month
I think that may be because the route goes to North Manchester area.
Or maybe because the route goes within a mile of their depoy; greengate to greeengate-moston-roundabout
Just because a route goes near one of Stagecoach Manchester's Depots doesn't mean that that particular depot would be operating the route just look what happened when Stagecoach Manchester used to operate the tender for 247s it was operated from Stockport Depot when Sharston Depot would have been easier to operate the service
(05/07/2014 06:40)M60lad Wrote:  Just because a route goes near one of Stagecoach Manchester's Depots doesn't mean that that particular depot would be operating the route just look what happened when Stagecoach Manchester used to operate the tender for 247s it was operated from Stockport Depot when Sharston Depot would have been easier to operate the service

The same could be said for the 183. a lot of people tipped the service would switch to Middleton once the takeover of Bluebird had been completed and then the same could be said for the Saturday 343 being run by AZ instead of Middleton - obviously it's only temporary as all the former JPT tenders are up for renewal soon.

I still find it strange that Hyde Rd is operating the evening 217's.

User(s) browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)