Current time: 16/05/2024, 23:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(04/05/2014 07:34)Mayneway Wrote:  I would imagine it will all depend on how many of the JPT vehicles are usable and how many Stagecoach are willing to put back on the road.
I carnt see them investing in new vehicles at Middleton yet, if you consider that over the last 12 months all the original Stagecoach Manchester depots have received new vehicles except for Middleton, so I would expect plenty of cascades though.
There seems to be a plan at Stockport to get rid of all the MANs replacing them with the new Enviro200's, so I would expect a few to maybe linger at Middleton for a while but lost are past thier best.

As for London stock it's always an option but they don't seem to fond of the ex London Tridents, plus it took them several months to convert them.

Those Tridents don't have such good interiors. They still have dark grabrails for example. By comparison, when I rode one at Gillmoss (namely 17269) it had been refurbished to include light orange grabrails.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
MAN 22094 on the peak 237 this evening
Hope it belongs to Ashton
38 timetable now displaying on the Traveline website (attached in Excel spreadsheet).

Route will leave Farnworth bus station onto Market Street via 37 route onto Worsley Road before heading along Westland Avenue (521 route) onto Cleggs Lane then as 68 route to Walkden and then 37 route to King Street in Manchester. From there, buses via New York Street for Piccadilly Gardens then onto Portland Street before continuing as 18 route to MRI. Buses run similar route on return to Farnworth bus runs into Piccadilly Gardens (presumably at stand P).

Attached File(s)
.xlsx  38 timetable.xlsx (Size: 41.98 KB / Downloads: 12)
Former Bluebird East Lancs Mylenium MAN MJ53BLU entered service yesterday freshly repainted into Stagecoach livery on 118 route, obviously this has been drafted into service due to the current shortage of vehicles at the moment
17241 running with On hire to JP Travel paper board in windscreen today.

Also, has anyone noticed 19104's exhaust? Sounds like a boy racer bus now, although it is a beautiful sound and don't want it repairing. Need to get a ride on it and get some sound recordings before it gets repaired Big Grin
(09/05/2014 15:53)joe_alker Wrote:  17241 running with On hire to JP Travel paper board in windscreen today.

Also, has anyone noticed 19104's exhaust? Sounds like a boy racer bus now, although it is a beautiful sound and don't want it repairing. Need to get a ride on it and get some sound recordings before it gets repaired Big Grin

Yes!! It was on 231's this morning and woke me up. I could still hear it a mile down the road every time it pulled away from a bus stop.

I don't understand why vehicles are out in service with 'on hire to JP Travel' in the windscreens. Technically the services are being operated on Stagecoach's own licence as they registered them all the same day JPT cancelled them.
I thought the only condition while the takeover is looked into is that Stagecoach carnt sell any of the assets.
That's when I saw it, leaving Sunnyside Road at 7.50am.
(09/05/2014 15:53)joe_alker Wrote:  Also, has anyone noticed 19104's exhaust? Sounds like a boy racer bus now...

Is it as loud as the old Leyland Olympians that used to be at Bury? (there's a few examples in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAEOd7bM4_Q )
Nah, that's a pussycat
What one after the Dart and B10M passed at 0:43, louder than that?

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)